Fool-Proof Sirloin Steak Recipe – How to Cook Sirloin Steak in the Oven
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 sirloin steak (about 8 oz, 1 inch thick)
- knob of butter
- grapeseed or avocado oil
- 2–3 thyme sprigs
- 2–3 rosemary sprigs
- 2–3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the steak from the fridge 30 minute before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Season the steak with salt and black pepper.
- Place a cast iron or heavy-based frying pan over a high heat and add a 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Preheat the pan over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the steak to the pan and cook for 2 and a half minutes, or until browned on the underside.
- Flip the steak.
- Add the butter, garlic, thyme and rosemary.
- Baste the steak with the butter and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 2 to 6 minutes, to your desired level of doneness. (2 minutes for rare, 3 minutes for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, 5 minutes for medium-well and 6 minutes for well done)
- Remove the steak from the oven and transfer to a plate.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.