This homemade keto snickerdoodle crunch cereal tastes like dessert but still offers up a wealth of nutritional goodness (and it’s low carb!). It’s no exaggeration to say that most commercial brands of breakfast cereal are really nothing more than sugary desserts masquerading as breakfasts. This keto cereal is actually really good for you!
How to Make Snickerdoodle Crunch Keto Cereal
- Prepare the butter. Make sure that you’re using chilled butter and cut it into small pieces.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the almond flour, a low carb sweetener like Stevia, ground cinnamon, and chilled butter pieces to a food processor and process together until a dough forms.
- Ready the dough. You’ll want to roll out the dough between parchment paper sheets (so it doesn’t stick) until it’s about ⅙ of an inch thick.
- Transfer the bottom sheet with the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of one hour. Preheat the oven to 350℉ so it’ll be ready when you take the dough out of the refrigerator.
- Bake. Bake the cereal for 8-12 minutes or until golden.
- Prepare the topping. While the cereal is baking, combine your choice of sweetener with ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle. Remove the cereal from the oven when done baking and sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over top of it immediately.
- Cool. Allow the cereal to cool completely on the pan.
- Serve. Cut into small pieces and serve.
2 Proven Health Benefits of Keto Snickerdoodle Cereal
This snickerdoodle crunch cereal doesn’t just taste great, it also offers up some impressive health benefits as well:
- Promotes overall heart health. Almonds are incredibly popular with keto dieters thanks to the abundance of heart healthy benefits they offer and almond flour thankfully provides the same benefits. The high monounsaturated fat and dietary fiber content in almond flour work in tandem to help keep your heart healthy, while protecting against heart disease and stroke. (1)
- Provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Ground cinnamon is used in this recipe to complete that classic snickerdoodle taste, but it also has the added benefit of being incredibly rich in both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. In fact, numerous studies have shown that cinnamon shows promise in helping to prevent a variety of diseases, including neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s. (2)
How Long Does This Keto Snickerdoodle Crunch Cereal Stay Fresh?
When making homemade cereal like this, it will definitely have a shorter shelf life compared to store brand cereals. That’s because this cereal is made with real food, quite unlike the sugary dessert ingredients found in commercial brands of cereal.
With that in mind, you can reasonably expect any leftover snickerdoodle crunch cereal to stay fresh for up to one week.
Best Way to Store Keto Snickerdoodle Crunch Cereal
The best way to store any leftover snickerdoodle crunch cereal is to simply seal it inside of an airtight container and leave it at room temperature for up to one week.
On the other hand, you can also make the dough in advance for meal prep. You’ll be able to store the dough in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 4-5 months.
Can I Eat This Keto Cereal with Milk?
A good bowl of cereal can become a great bowl of cereal when you add a bit of milk and that’s definitely also true for this snickerdoodle crunch cereal. However, in order to keep the overall carb count to a minimum, I would recommend using the following milk options for your keto cereal (all unsweetened, of course):
(You may also like: Chocolate and Peanut Butter Keto Cereal)
Homemade Keto Snickerdoodle Crunch Cereal
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
For the cereal:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp chilled butter, cut into small pieces
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- To make the cereal, add all the ingredients to the bowl of food processor and process until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough between 2 parchment sheets until about 1/6” thick.
- Transfer the bottom sheet with the dough onto a baking pan.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bake for 8- 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl combine the sweetener and ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the cereal immediately after removing from oven.
- Allow to cool completely on pan and then cut into small pieces.