If you enjoy a good old fashioned slow cooked meal, then you’re going to absolutely love this recipe for making a slow cooker keto Mississippi pot roast. It’s the very definition of a classic comfort food with the most tender, mouthwatering beef you’ll ever try.
How to Make a Keto Mississippi Pot Roast
It’s super easy to prepare this Mississippi pot roast; just add the ingredients into the slow cooker and ‘set it and forget it’. You can even modify the cooking time and temperature based on when you want to have your meal ready to go for.
- Prepare the slow cooker. Place the beef roast, a stick of butter, homemade dry Ranch dressing mix, mild pepperoncini peppers, beef broth, sliced onion, minced garlic cloves, and salt and black pepper to taste in a slow cooker.
- Cook. Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook for 8-9 hours on LOW or for 4-5 hours on HIGH.
- Shred. Shred the meat with a fork.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
2 Reasons to Use a Slow Cooker Over An Instant Pot For Making Keto Pot Roasts
While I’m a big fan of using my Instant Pot to make some truly yummy keto dinners, there are certain times when it’s definitely preferable to stick with an old fashioned slow cooker. Here are just a couple of reasons why:
- Mouthwateringly tender. Using a slow cooker to cook your meat and vegetables will result in an incredibly tender meal that falls apart effortlessly on your fork. On the other hand, using an Instant Pot tends to give your veggies a more ‘steamed’ finish.
- Easier to use. One of the biggest reasons why I love my Instant Pot is because it’s so versatile; it seemingly has a setting for everything. However, that can admittedly be off-putting for some people, who much prefer the old fashioned simplicity that a slow cooker can provide.
Can I Freeze Keto Mississippi Pot Roast?
Good news – this keto Mississippi pot roast freezes incredibly well.
If you’re planning on freezing your leftovers, you’ll first want to make sure that you allow them to cool completely. You can then divide the meat and veggies amongst a few freezer-safe airtight containers.
You can also pour in some broth in each container to freeze along with the meat and veggies, but just make sure that you leave an inch or two of space near the top, as the liquids will expand once they freeze.
Keto Side Dishes to Serve with Mississippi Pot Roast
Here are a few of my top suggestions for keto approved side dishes that pair amazingly well with this Mississippi pot roast recipe:
- Mashed cauliflower (or cauliflower rice)
- Roasted vegetables
(You may also like: Instant Pot Keto Pot Roast)
Slow Cooker Keto Mississippi Pot Roast (Comforting and Easy)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours,5 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 3 lb beef roast
- 1 stick butter
- 1 oz homemade dry Ranch dressing mix
- ½ cup mild pepperoncini peppers
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cover with a lid and cook 8-9 hours on LOW or 4-5 hours on HIGH.
- Shred the meat with a fork and serve.