Buying a slow cooker is easily one of the best investments I’ve ever made for my kitchen. That’s especially true when I get to make fantastic recipes like this slow cooker Mexican keto vegetable soup.
How to Make Mexican Keto Vegetable Soup
- Prepare the ingredients. Dice the onion. Chop the bell pepper. Mince the garlic cloves. Cut the cauliflower head into florets. Chop the fresh cilantro (or parsley). Take the time to prep these ingredients beforehand and it makes your overall cooking time even shorter–perfect for busy nights.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the olive oil, diced onion, chopped bell pepper, minced garlic cloves, cauliflower florets, frozen green beans, one can of diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, ground cumin, chili powder, chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, salt, and black pepper to a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours. Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Serve. Serve the soup warm.
Can I Add Any Other Vegetables This Keto Soup?
If you want to add some other veggies into this soup recipe in order to up the nutritional content even more, you can absolutely do that!
The only thing I would recommend is to try and keep the Mexican theme with any extra additions that you add into the soup. With that being said, here are some of my top recommendations for what to add in:
- Pinto beans
- Jalapeno peppers
- Chile peppers
- Yellow squash
What to Serve with This Mexican Keto Vegetable Soup
One of the best things about Mexican vegetable soup is the fact that it goes so well with a ton of different dishes. Here are some of my personal favorite dishes to serve with this soup:
- Homemade keto cornbread
- Double cheese keto chips
- Keto fish tacos
- Keto shrimp tacos
- Fried cauliflower rice
Can I Freeze This Mexican Keto Vegetable Soup for Later?
You can absolutely freeze this Mexican vegetable soup. As a matter of fact, this recipe is a great candidate for making ahead of time in bulk in order to freeze it. You can have delicious Mexican vegetable soup on hand and ready to go all year long!
Make sure that you’re allowing the soup to cool completely after cooking and that you’re also keeping it sealed tightly inside freezer-safe airtight containers (or heavy duty freezer bags) before freezing. You’ll be able to keep this soup frozen like this for between 4-6 months.
As a final note, here are a few quick tips to keep in mind if you’re planning on freezing your soup:
- Consider undercooking your vegetables slightly; veggies that are a little crunchy will have a better texture when they thaw out.
- Make sure to leave about an inch of space between the soup and the top of the container/freezer bag; the soup will expand as it freezes.
- Carrying on from the point above, you can also freeze the soup broth separately.
(You may also like: Out of This World Keto Vegetable Soup)
Slow Cooker Mexican Keto Vegetable Soup (Easy and Wholesome)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley plus extra for serving
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid.
- Cook on high for 4 hour or low for 6 hours.
- Serve warm.