If you’re looking for a good homemade ice cream recipe, definitely give this raspberry chocolate chip ice cream recipe a try. It’s really easy to make and oh so good!
If you’re looking for a non-raspberry version of this ice cream, make this easy chocolate chip ice cream recipe instead.
How to Make Homemade Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Blend the ingredients. Add the frozen raspberries, heavy cream, sweetener, and unsweetened almond milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer. Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe airtight container then fold in the mini dark chocolate chips.
- Freeze. Freeze the ice cream mixture until it’s frozen solid.
- Thaw. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow it to sit at room temperature for approximately 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve. Scoop the ice cream into bowls and serve.
Can I Make Keto Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker?
While there’s no denying that owning an ice cream maker can make things ridiculously easy when it comes to making homemade ice cream, it’s far from a requirement for making keto-friendly ice cream.
This recipe alone is proof of that. With only 5 simple ingredients and a regular freezer, it’s perfectly possible to make keto ice cream that’s both delicious and nutritious.
If you’re still having doubts though, then you have to check out these 3 other amazing keto ice cream recipes; all 3 of them can easily be made without an ice cream maker.
- Creamy and Guilt-Free Keto Avocado Ice Cream
- Fat Bomb Coconut Keto Ice Cream
- Classic Keto Vanilla Ice Cream Everyone Will Love
A couple of those recipes do admittedly default to using an ice cream maker but they also include alternative instructions as well.
Again folks, an ice cream maker will help out a great deal when making keto ice cream but it’s far from required.
Can I Make This Ice Cream Recipe Dairy Free?
One of the best parts about making keto-friendly ice cream is that it can be incredibly easy to make dairy-free versions of your favorite classic flavors. While this specific recipe places more of an emphasis on being 100% keto-friendly instead of dairy-free, it can definitely be made 100% dairy-free with one simple tweak.
You’ll just have to substitute the heavy cream for a similar ingredient: full fat coconut milk. Not only is coconut milk my go to heavy cream replacement, but it also provides your ice cream with a combination of MCT fatty acids and a delightful coconut aftertaste.
You may also like: Raspberry Fat Bombs
The only other thing that you may want to keep in mind when making sure this ice cream is completely dairy-free is to double check the brand of dark chocolate chips that you’re using.
Most dark chocolate brands are indeed both dairy and sugar-free, but there are a few brands out there that do indeed have trace amounts of milk. If you’re sensitive to dairy, then you’ll definitely want to make sure you’re using nothing but dairy-free dark chocolate when making this recipe.
P.S. If you’re looking for another to-die-for chocolate chip treat, you need to give make this mint chocolate chip fluff: https://ketopots.com/keto-mint-chocolate-chip-cheesecake-fluff
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- ¼ cup sugar free dark chocolate mini chips
- Add the raspberries, heavy cream, sweetener and almond milk to a blender and bled until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container.
- Fold in the chocolate mini chips.
- Freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: ice cream, raspberry, chocolate chip