Mint chocolate chip fudge just might be my favorite variety of fudge and that’s especially true when you make this homemade keto-friendly version. This recipe will show you exactly how to make mint chocolate chip fudge completely from scratch with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry right now.
How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Keto Fudge
- Prepare the baking pan. Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the white chocolate mixture. Add the butter, white chocolate chips, and low carb sweetener to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave. Microwave the white chocolate mixture in 20-second intervals at 50% power or medium. After each interval, stir the mixture until it’s totally smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add the mint extract and green food coloring and beat until mixed well. Fold in the mini dark chocolate chips so they’re evenly dispersed.
- Freeze. Pour the dough into the prepared loaf pan and freeze until the fudge is solid.
- Cut and store. Cut the fudge into 15 pieces. Store the fudge in freezer-safe airtight containers (individually wrapped if you can) in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
- Serve. Allow the fudge to thaw out at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.
Can I Make This Keto Fudge in Bulk?
Making keto fudge in bulk to freeze for afterwards is a great way to be efficient with your time.
All you’ll need to do is modify the amount of ingredients that you use to reflect the total amount of fudge squares you plan on making. Just remember that the ingredient totals used in this specific recipe will make about 15 squares and plan accordingly if you want to make more.
You’ll first need to make the fudge as normally and then freeze it as you usually would. When making extra batches, just be sure to store each batch in its own individual container before freezing.
Can I Eat Keto Fudge Every Day?
While it wouldn’t usually be considered a good idea (health wise at least) to eat fudge every single day, you can safely make an exception for this particular fudge recipe.
Since these fudge squares are sugar-free and 100% keto-friendly, you’ll be able to enjoy them on a daily basis without having to feel guilty about it. As with all types of treats, keto or not, just remember that moderation is key.
2 Quick Tips for Making Effortless Homemade Keto Fudge
Making keto fudge is slightly different than making regular fudge, but as long as you keep these 2 handy tips in mind, you should have no problems when making this (or any other) fudge recipe:
- Use a candy thermometer. While this recipe recommends stirring your fudge in 20-second intervals while microwaving it, if you really want to take your fudge making skills to the next level, you should consider investing in a candy thermometer. It’s quite simply the most accurate way to tell when your fudge is cooked through properly.
- Pan size matters. It’s important to make sure that you’re using an 8×4 inch loaf pan when following this recipe. You’ll want to make sure that you’re using a pan size that allows for even cooking with equal heat distribution, otherwise your fudge may end up sticking to the pan during cooking.
More Good Keto Fudge Recipes:
Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Keto Fudge
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
- 4 oz sugar free white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1/3 cup sugar free mini dark chocolate chips
- a few drops green food coloring
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the butter, white chocolate and sweetener to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 20-second intervals at 50% power, stirring after each, until totally smooth.
- Add the mint extract and food coloring and beat until mixed well.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan and freeze until solid.
- Cut into pieces.
- Place in airtight container and store in the freezer.