This recipe will show you how to make the best low carb, high protein keto cereal that’s ridiculously nutrient-dense. Unlike your typical boxed breakfast cereal found on store shelves, you’ll find no sugar or any other unhealthy additives with this cereal.
How to Make Low Carb, High Protein Keto Cereal
All too often people sleep on cereal for breakfast because most commercially available cereal brands are nothing more than sugary desserts masquerading as breakfast options. However, as this recipe for making a superfood keto cereal will show, you can make a far more nutritious alternative at home:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 300℉ and prepare your baking sheet. To help with clean-up and to avoid sticking, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the dry ingredients in the food processor. “Chop” the dry ingredients in the food process by simply adding the whole almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds to the bowl. Pulse until chopped.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the nut and seed mixture, chia seeds, finely ground flaxseed meal, shredded unsweetened coconut flakes, natural smooth almond butter, pure vanilla extract, a low carb sweetener like Stevia, and water to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Press the mixture down onto your lined baking sheet and bake until golden.
- Let cool. Take it out of the oven and let it cool completely. Once done, break into cereal pieces.
- Serve. Serve immediately or store until ready to enjoy.
Can I Make This Keto Cereal Ahead?
This cereal recipe is a great candidate to make ahead for meal prep. You can easily follow the recipe instructions to make the mixture and then instead of baking it, you can just store the mix in an airtight container to store in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it.
As long as you make sure that air can’t get at your nut and seed mixture, you’ll be able to keep it stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
When you’re ready to bake the cereal, just remove the mix from the container and press it onto a prepared baking sheet. From here, just follow the recipe as you normally would.
How to Store This Superfood Keto Cereal
The best way to store your superfood keto cereal is to once again simply keep it sealed up inside of an airtight container; a glass mason jar will work equally as well.
Once you have it sealed up, you can keep the cereal stored in either the fridge or a dark pantry.
Keto Approved Milk and Milk Alternatives
Milk and cereal go together like peanut butter and chocolate. They’re a classic combination. That said, as long as you remain mindful of your daily macros, you’ll definitely be able to enjoy this keto superfood cereal along with some milk.
Just make sure that you’re adhering to general keto guidelines and sticking with whole milk (or as close to a full fat variety as you can get if you’re unable to get your hands on real whole milk).
If you would rather go with a dairy-free milk alternative, then you can pair any of the following options with this cereal recipe:
- Unsweetened almond milk (especially unsweetened vanilla flavor)
- Full fat coconut milk
- Cashew milk
- Flax milk
- Macadamia nut milk
(You may also like: Chocolate and Peanut Butter Keto Cereal)
Superfood Keto Cereal (Low Carb, High Protein, High Fiber)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup finely ground flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup natural smooth almond butter
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds to the bowl of food processor and pulse a few time until chopped.
- Add the nut and seed mixture, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, coconut flakes, almond butter, sweetener, vanilla extract and water to a bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Press the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Break into small pieces.
- Store in a jar or airtight container.