Anyone who enjoys coffee needs to try this recipe for keto whipped Dalgona coffee ASAP. It’s delightfully sweet and creamy, but what’s so good about it is its thick, frothed texture that you would never guess was made from just your run-of-the-mill instant coffee.
How to Make Keto Whipped Dalgona Coffee
Making your own keto-friendly whipped dalgona coffee from scratch is quick and easy with this recipe:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the instant coffee, a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia, and boiling water to a bowl.
- Mix. Use a hand mixer to beat the coffee mixture until it is light brown, fluffy, and holds stiff peaks.
- Prepare the milk. Pour the unsweetened almond milk into a glass.
- Finish it off. Top the almond milk with the frothed coffee mixture.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
(Learn more: Is Coffee Keto or Too High in Caffeine?)
Can I Use a Whisk Instead?
If you would rather use a hand whisk instead of a hand mixer, that’s definitely a viable option as well. You can also even use a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
Another option that you could also use is a milk frother.
3 Ways to Make Flavored Dalgona Coffee
Just as there are countless ways to enjoy a flavored cup of coffee, so too are there countless ways to enjoy a cup of flavored Dalgona coffee. Here are 3 ways you can customize this keto recipe (simply mix in the added ingredients when you’re combining your instant coffee mixture):
- Vanilla cinnamon Dalgona coffee (add pure vanilla extract and ground cinnamon)
- Mocha Dalgona coffee (add unsweetened cocoa)
- Pumpkin spice Dalgona coffee (add pumpkin spice)
Why Isn’t my Dalgona Coffee Thick?
Patience is a virtue! Most of the time, you just need to whisk your Dalgona coffee a little longer. It would also depend on what you’re using in this recipe; I find that the hand mixer is the best option for helping you achieve that thick, voluminous whipped coffee texture.
(You may also like: Keto Vanilla Coffee Creamer)
OMG-Good Keto Whipped Dalgona Coffee (Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1–2 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Add the instant coffee, sweetener and boiling water in a bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the coffee mixture until it is light brown, fluffy and holds stiff peaks.
- Pour the milk in a glass.
- Top with frothed coffee mixture and serve.