This easy and fluffy homemade keto whipped cream goes phenomenally well with so many different low carb treats and only takes less than 3 minutes to make. Here’s exactly how you can whip it up for yourself (pun fully intended)!
This low carb keto whipped cream is so simple to make, too! All you need are heavy cream, sweetener and some vanilla extract. Typically, store-bought varieties of whipped cream contain refined sugars and other additives, so we’re keeping it nice and simple with just these three.
How to Make Homemade Keto Whipped Cream
- Combine the ingredients. Pour the heavy cream into a large bowl. Add the sweetener and pure vanilla extract.
- Whisk. Whisk on medium high speed for 2-3 minutes or until medium to stiff peaks form.
- Refrigerate. Either use the whipped cream immediately or cover it and chill in the refrigerator.
What Can I Pair with Keto-friendly Whipped Cream?
Where do I start? Whipped cream goes with pretty much anything sweet. Although, my kids would agree that whipped cream is something you can eat even straight out of the bowl! If you’re looking for ideas, here are some that would benefit from a giant dollop of whipped cream:
How to Make Flavored Keto Whipped Cream
Classic whipped cream needs nothing more than a bit of vanilla extract, but there’s nothing stopping you from making flavored whip as well. Just be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Don’t add any liquids. To avoid flat, runny whipped cream, you want to avoid adding liquids as much as possible. If you have to, keep it to a drop or two only.
- Flavor concentrates add a lot of flavor. If you must add liquid, flavor extracts pack a lot of flavor in just a drop or two. These are fine to add to your cream.
- A pinch or two of spice goes a long way. Cinnamon whipped cream, anyone? Add it to your cream or sprinkle it on top–both are fabulous.
Why Does My Whipped Cream End Up Runny?
If your keto whipped cream ends up runny when you make this recipe, the first thing I would recommend is trying a different brand of heavy cream. You’re also going to want to make sure you avoid using all-purpose cream because it’s usually too heavy and runny.
How Long Will This Whipped Cream Keep For In The Fridge?
Once you have whisked together the ingredients, you can expect this low carb whipped cream to last in the fridge for up to 24 hours before it starts to lose most of its volume. Once this begins to happen you’re going to have to give it a re-whisk.
Can I Use a Whipped Cream Canister With This Recipe?
Whipped cream canisters actually work amazingly well with this recipe. As a matter of fact, using a canister will infuse the mixture with air, meaning you’ll end up with a light and fluffy keto-friendly whipped cream without having to whisk it yourself. Consider this a pro tip!
(You may also like: Homemade French Vanilla Keto Coffee Creamer)
Quick 3-Minute Keto Whipped Cream (Fluffy and Thick)
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
1 cup heavy cream, chilled
2 tsp granulated Stevia or other low carb sweetener to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the heavy cream in a large bowl.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Whisk on medium high speed for 2-3 minutes or until medium to stiff peaks form.
- Use immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.