Is there anything better than a quick, no-hassle breakfast that you can just mix up and cook in just a few minutes? That’s exactly what you’re getting with this 3-ingredient recipe for a make-ahead keto waffle mix.
How to Make a Keto Waffle Mix
This recipe honestly just might be the easiest way that I know of to make delicious keto-friendly waffles ahead of time:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the almond flour, baking powder, and a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Prepare your waffle batter. In order to make a single waffle, combine ¼ cup of your waffle mixture with one large egg and one tablespoon of sour cream.
- Preheat waffle iron. Preheat your waffle iron.
- Cook. Ladle the batter mixture into a preheated waffle iron and cook until golden and crisp.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Can I Use This Keto Waffle Mix for Pancakes?
It’s definitely possible to use this keto waffle mix recipe to also make keto approved pancakes.
With that being said though, it also might not be the most ideal way to make keto pancakes; while the ingredients used in this recipe can work, they are better off used for making waffles in a waffle iron.
If you’re looking for dedicated keto pancake recipes, then be sure to check out these 18 OMG-delicious pancake recipes.
3 Ways to Change Up Your Keto Waffles
This specific recipe is admittedly a little bit bare bones (albeit that’s by design in order to keep things hassle-free). If you want to spice up your keto waffles a bit more, then you can try out one of the following suggestions:
- Fold in blueberries or sugar free chocolate chips.
- You can also fold in chopped nuts like pecans or almonds.
- Add in ½ cup of all-natural peanut butter with the almond flour, baking powder, and sweetener.
(You may also like: OMG-Delicious Keto Waffles)
Make-Ahead Keto Waffle Mix for a Quick, No-Hassle Breakfast
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated Stevia or other granulated low carb sweetener
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- To make the 1 large waffle, in a bowl combine ¼ cup of mixture, 1 large egg and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron.
- Cook the waffle until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.