For today, we have a 2-for-1 recipe that features the most incredible keto tuna patties with a creamy lemon dill sauce on the side for dipping. These low carb tuna cakes stay deliciously moist and are the perfect lunch or light dinner option.
How to Make Keto Tuna Patties
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make these keto tuna patties from scratch:
- Combine the ingredients. Add one large egg, freshly squeezed lemon juice, grated Parmesan cheese, almond flour, one pound of well drained canned tuna, and chopped green onions to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Form into patties. Use a ⅓ cup measuring cup to take a scoop of the tuna mixture and gently form it into a patty. Repeat for the remaining amount of tuna mixture.
- Preparing the cooking pan. Add your choice of keto approved cooking oil to a large nonstick pan and heat over medium heat.
- Cook. Working in 2 batches, cook the tuna patties for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve. Serve the tuna patties warm with the homemade creamy lemon dill sauce (see below for details).
How to Make a Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce
I usually like to make the creamy lemon dill sauce before the tuna patties so that it has time to chill for a bit in the fridge while I prepare the tuna.
- Whisk. Add the mayonnaise, freshly squeezed lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and chopped fresh dill weed to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Season. Season with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate. Cover the sauce with plastic wrap to refrigerate until you’re finished making the tuna patties.
Can I Freeze Keto Tuna Patties?
You can absolutely freeze these keto tuna patties! Just make sure that you allow the tuna patties to cool off completely first.
Once they have cooled off, I typically arrange my patties on a sheet pan to flash freeze them first. Then I transfer them into a freezer-safe plastic bag to store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I Use Salmon Instead of Tuna?
If you prefer the taste of salmon to tuna, you can easily use it as a substitute in this recipe to make salmon cakes instead. You can even use fresh salmon if you want!
Both options are delicious and nutritious seafood options that work great in low carb recipes like this.
(Also try: Keto Salmon Cakes)
Keto Tuna Patties
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the patties:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 pound well drained canned tuna
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- salt and black pepper to taste
- oil of choice for frying
For lemon dill sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill weed
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while making the tuna patties.
- To make the tuna patties, add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, take a scoop of the tuna mixture and gently form a patty.
- Repeat this for the remaining tuna mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick pan over medium heat.
- Working in 2 batches, cook the tuna patties 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with sauce.