Pan Fried Garlic Butter Keto Tilapia with Lemon Caper Sauce
If you want to make a truly excellent low carb seafood recipe, look no further than this pan fried garlic butter keto tilapia. You’ll be pan frying the tilapia to perfection before serving it alongside a delectable homemade lemon caper sauce for that perfect hint of tanginess.
How to Make Pan Fried Garlic Butter Keto Tilapia
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this mouthwatering pan fried garlic butter keto tilapia:
- Season. Season the tilapia with salt and black pepper to taste. You want to use tilapia fillets for this recipe. Make sure they’re all even in size.
- Whisk. Add the eggs to a shallow dish and whisk.
- Prepare the dredging mixture. In a separate shallow dish, add the grated Parmesan cheese and crushed pork rinds.
- Dredge. Dip each piece of fish into the egg mixture and then dredge in the Parmesan mixture. Make sure it’s not too thick.
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Pour your choice of frying oil to a depth of ½ inch and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Fry. Fry the tilapia in batches until golden brown.
- Serve. Serve the tilapia with the lemon caper sauce (see below for details on how to make it).
How to Make Home Lemon Caper Sauce
I usually like to take a couple of minutes to prepare the homemade lemon caper sauce before I start on the actual tilapia.
- Melt the butter. Add one tablespoon of butter to a small saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic. Add the minced garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and chopped capers. Stir to combine.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Set aside. Set the sauce aside until ready to use.
Can I Freeze Pan Fried Garlic Butter Keto Tilapia?
You’ll be able to keep any leftover pan fried tilapia stored safely in either your fridge or freezer.
Properly stored inside of an airtight container, this tilapia will keep for about 3-4 days when stored in the fridge. Alternatively, you can freeze it for up to 2-3 months.
How to Reheat Tilapia
I find that the best way to reheat tilapia, and especially pan fried tilapia, is to simply reheat it in the oven at 350℉ on a sheet pan until it’s warmed through.
If you’re reheating frozen tilapia, you’ll first want to make sure that you allow it to thaw out slightly at room temperature.
(You may also like: Keto Fish Tacos with Spicy Green Sauce)
Pan Fried Garlic Butter Keto Tilapia
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
For the fish:
- 4 tilapia filets (4 oz each)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup crushed pork rinds
- ¼ cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- oil for frying
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup butter 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- To make the sauce, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Set aside.
- Season the fish with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a shallow dish whisk the egg.
- In another shallow plate combine the grated Parmesan cheese and pork rind.
- Dip each fish piece in the eggs then dredge in the Parmesan mixture.
- Pour the frying oil to depth of 1/2 inch in a large skillet and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Fry the fish in batches until golden brown.
- Serve with lemon caper sauce.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe