Today’s easy, oven-baked recipe for making keto teriyaki chicken drumsticks is a staple in our dinner menu as of late because it’s so easy to make, and the kids absolutely love it. This recipe will teach you how to bake the perfect drumsticks, complete with your own homemade teriyaki sauce mixture.
How to Make Keto Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make your own keto approved teriyaki sauce to pair with your chicken drumsticks:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 375℉.
- Prepare the teriyaki sauce. Add the soy sauce, a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia, minced garlic cloves, freshly grated ginger, and xanthan gum to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Prepare the chicken. Place the chicken drumsticks in a baking dish.
- Pour. Pour the teriyaki sauce mixture over top of the drumsticks.
- Bake. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for approximately one hour, turning them over once halfway through.
- Spoon. Spoon the sauce over top of the drumsticks.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle the drumsticks with sesame seeds.
- Serve. Serve warm.
Using Another Chicken Part? Try These Tips:
Would you prefer to use a different cut of chicken instead of the drumsticks when making this teriyaki chicken recipe? No problem at all – here are some tips if you’d prefer to use chicken breasts or thighs instead:
- Consider using a brine solution for chicken breasts. If you’re going to be using chicken breasts, then it may be worth it to soak them in a brine solution due to the lower fat content of breasts compared to darker meat cuts of chicken like the drumsticks or thighs.
- Don’t flip your chicken if using thighs. While it’s important to flip over your chicken breasts or drumsticks around the halfway point when you’re oven baking them, you want to avoid doing this with your thighs. Instead, you’ll want to bake chicken thighs with the skin side facing up and leave them that way throughout the entire cooking duration.
Can I Freeze Keto Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks?
This chicken drumstick recipe is a fantastic freezer-friendly option.
If you’re planning on freezing your teriyaki chicken, you’ll first want to make sure that you allow the chicken to cool off completely after it comes out of the oven.
I then like to tightly wrap each individual piece of chicken in plastic wrap before transferring them all into either an airtight container or a freezer-safe plastic bag.
You’ll be able to keep your drumsticks frozen like this for up to 3 months.
(Also try: Sheet Pan Keto BBQ Chicken)
Keto Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 bone in, skin on chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp xantan gum
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, sweetener, garlic, ginger and xantan gum.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a baking dish.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the drumsticks.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, turning the drumsticks over halfway through.
- Spoon the sauce over the drumsticks, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.