Today’s recipe is all about an unbelievably addictive recipe for making keto buffalo chicken taquitos. You’ll be making your own homemade low carb buffalo sauce to make the best crunchy chicken taquitos you’ll ever try.
How to Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to bake these cheesy (and oh so yummy) keto-friendly taquitos:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cheese. Arrange the mozzarella cheese slices on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake the cheese slices in the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the chicken. Remove the cheese from the oven and add a small pile of either chopped or shredded grilled chicken to each cheese slice and then roll tightly.
- Serve. Serve warm with the homemade buffalo sauce.
What are Taquitos?
Taquitos, also known as rolled tacos, are a dish originating from Mexico that usually consists of rolled up tortillas stuffed with a filling that’s typically made with cheese and beef or chicken.
Since most traditional taco and taquito recipes use tortillas and other carb heavy items that are decidedly non-keto, most keto-friendly versions will use some type of low carb alternative for the taco shell (a great example is how this particular recipe uses baked cheese to make the shell).
How to Make the Best Keto Buffalo Sauce
Here’s my go to recipe for making a homemade keto approved buffalo sauce; it pairs perfectly with this cheesy taquito recipe:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the Frank’s Hot sauce, butter, garlic powder, paprika, and (optionally) a pinch of cayenne pepper to a saucepan.
- Cook. Cook the sauce over medium heat, stirring the mixture constantly until smooth.
- Season. Season with salt to taste.
- Set aside. Set the sauce aside until ready to serve with your taquitos
(Also try: Buffalo Keto Chicken Nuggets)
Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
For the taquitos:
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grilled chicken, chopped or shredded
For the buffalo sauce:
- 2 tbsp Hot Franks sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt to taste
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cheese slices on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes or until golden.
- Add a small pile of chicken to each cheese slice and roll tightly.
- Serve with buffalo sauce.