You’re going to want to get out your slow cooker and make this crockpot keto taco soup every day after you make this recipe. It’s so incredibly tasty, and is quickly becoming a staple in my family. Here’s how to make it.
How to Make Crockpot Keto Taco Soup
- Heat the olive oil. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Cook the beef. Add the lean ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break up the large pieces as you cook until brown.
- Prepare the slow cooker. Transfer the ground beef into your slow cooker.
- Add the spices and other ingredients. Add in the chopped onion, chili powder, red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, ground cumin, red and green bell peppers, diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, and beef broth. Mix until combined.
- Cook. Cover with a lid and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Stir in the cream cheese and heavy cream. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve and add garnishes. Garnish with toppings such as avocado slices, sliced jalapeno, or chopped fresh cilantro and serve.
3 Reasons Why This Keto Taco Soup Is So Healthy
Who knew something so crave-worthy could be beneficial for your health as well? This is truly keto cooking as its finest. Here are just three of those note-worthy health benefits:
- Heart healthy cooking oils. I use extra virgin olive oil as much as possible because it’s loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and disease fighting antioxidants. (1)
- Disease preventing herbs and spices. Since this taco soup is made with such a fantastic mixture of herbs and spices, you’re also gaining their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer benefits as well. (2)
- Excellent source of protein and fats. The lean ground beef gives your body a ton of fuel thanks to all of the protein and saturated fat that it provides. A single serving of this soup offers up 15.8 grams of fat and 28.1 grams of protein!
How Long Does Crockpot Taco Soup Keep For?
As long as you keep the keto-friendly taco soup stored inside airtight containers, it will stay good in the fridge for a few days. The good news is that this soup also happens to freeze amazingly well.
I like to divide it up amongst a few freezer-safe containers to freeze individually. Then I have the option to thaw out one at a time or several at once for the whole family.
(You may also like: Keto Vegetable Soup)
More Good Keto Taco Recipes
- Keto Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Keto Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Keto Taco Seasoning Spice Mix
- Keto Fish Tacos
- Keto Cheese Taco Shells
- Keto Shrimp Tacos
- Keto Taco Pie
- Keto Chicken Caesar Salad Tacos
- Keto Taco Salad
- Keto Taco Casserole
Crockpot Keto Taco Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
2 pounds ground lean beef
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
½ red bell pepper, diced
½ green bell pepper, diced
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
4 cups homemade beef broth
4 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ cup heavy cream
salt, black pepper to taste
For serving (optional):
chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef, breaking up the pieces with a wooden spoon, and cook until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the beef in a slow cooker.
- Add the chopped onion, chili powder, red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, ground cumin, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, diced green chiles and beef broth.
- Mix to combine.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Cook for additional 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Divide the soup between bowls and serve with desired garnishes.