Craving tacos? Check out this quick and easy homemade keto taco seasoning spice mix.
How To Make Keto Taco Seasoning Spice Mix
- Combine the ingredients. Add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, ground cumin, sea salt, and black pepper to a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Store. Transfer the spice mix to a jar or an airtight container until you’re ready to make tacos with it.
How Long Does Homemade Taco Seasoning Spice Mix Stay Good For?
You’re going to be able to get a whole lot of mileage out of this taco seasoning mixture. All of the spices used in making this spice mix are known for having a shelf life of up to one year.
That’s right, as long as you keep your spice mix sealed up properly in a jar or some other type of airtight container, it will last a very long time.
What Can I Use This Keto Spice Mix For?
I love having spice mixes on hand because I know they’ll come in handy for so many of my recipes. These are just a few examples:
Are Spices Beneficial for Your Health?
No kitchen pantry would be complete without a well balanced stock of herbs and spices, and they’re actually really good for you as well!
- Disease prevention. Ingredients like oregano and paprika are rich in disease fighting antioxidants. In addition, you’ll also be using both garlic powder and onion powder in this mix, both of which are widely regarded ingredients for their cancer prevention properties. (1)(2)
- Anti-inflammatory benefits. Spices like chili powder and crushed red pepper flakes are rich in capsaicin, which has anti-inflammatory health benefits. (3)
- Improved cholesterol levels. Another spice used in this mix that goes a long way towards protecting your body from disease is the cumin, which is beneficial in improving both blood lipid and cholesterol levels. (4)
Homemade Keto Taco Seasoning Spice Mix (Yum!)
1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into a jar or airtight container.