If you’re a fan of sushi, then you’re probably on the hunt for a good low carb keto sushi hand roll recipe. This one is crazy simple and the best part is you don’t even need a rice substitute to make it work!
How to Make Keto Sushi Hand Rolls
I used to struggle with making my own homemade sushi rolls but this recipe actually made it easy for me to practice and get better over time even without a bamboo mat for rolling. Here are the directions:
- Prepare your work surface. Lay a large piece of plastic wrap down on a work surface.
- Prepare the salmon. Arrange the thinly sliced pieces of smoked salmon in an overlapping fashion to create a rectangular shape.
- Spread. Spread the softened cream cheese in the middle.
- Prepare the cucumber. Slice ¼ of a medium cucumber into sticks and then arrange the sticks over top of the cream cheese. Make sure these cucumber stocks are sliced evenly so that the roll will be even as well.
- Roll. Use the plastic wrap as a guide to help you roll the salmon up tightly around the cucumber sticks.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the rolls for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Cut. Cut the roll into 3 evenly sized pieces.
- Serve. Serve the sushi hands rolls with soy sauce.
Other Methods For Making Your Own Hand Rolled Sushi
While the plastic wrap helps out a greal deal when rolling your sushi hand rolls (especially if you struggle like I do when trying to roll them), here are a few additional methods that are also quite popular. If you’re still having problems with making hand rolled sushi, then try one of these two methods instead:
- Tea towel rolling
- Traditional bamboo mat rolling
How Long Will Sushi Hand Rolls Stay Fresh? (+How to Store Sushi Hand Rolls)
The best way to store your keto sushi hand rolls is to simply keep them sealed tightly inside of an airtight container and then store them in the fridge. You can reasonably expect your sushi to keep for up to 2-3 days when stored like this before it begins to spoil.
It’s not recommended to freeze these sushi hand rolls as this is one recipe that’s definitely best when eaten fresh.
You could also store these in the plastics you rolled them in. Simply take them out and slice them once you’re ready to eat them. When stored in the refrigerator tightly wrapped in plastics, these sushi hand rolls will stay fresh for 3-5 days.
(You may also like: Keto Salmon Cake Patties with Avocado Lime Dressing)
Low Carb Keto Sushi Hand Rolls Without Rice or Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- 8 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ medium cucumber, cut into sticks
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on a work surface.
- Arrange the slices of salmon in an overlapping fashion to create a rectangle.
- Spread the cream cheese in the middle.
- Arrange the cucumber sticks over the cream cheese.
- Use the plastic wrap as a guide to roll the salmon up tightly around the cucumber sticks.
- Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
- Cut the roll into 3 pieces.
- Serve with soy sauce.