You need to try this creamy and tart keto strawberry cream pie! I have had a lot of strawberry pies in my life and this keto-friendly recipe is one of my favorite versions of all-time. SO, so good.
How to Make Buttery (And Flakey) Keto Pie Crust
Being on a keto diet doesn’t necessarily mean you need to give up the good stuff. With just a few tweaks of a recipe, you can easily prepare a low-carb counterpart that fits the keto guidelines and that’s exactly what I did with this keto pie crust. Check it out:
- Grease. Using some non-stick cooking spray or butter, grease your pan.
- Make the crust mixture. Combine your butter, sweetener, almond flour and salt.
- Press the dough into the pan. Press the dough mixture onto the bottom of your 9-inch pan. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Refrigerate. This will help solidify the crust.
- Bake. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to Make Keto Strawberry Cream Pie
How does one resist a good strawberry cream pie, especially if it is low-carb and keto-friendly? The answer is: you don’t. The strawberry cream filling is ridiculously easy, as you’ll see below:
- Heat gelatin mixture. Dissolve your gelatin in water in a small saucepan. Set aside.
- Prepare your strawberry powder. Using a coffee grinder or blender, grind the freeze-dried strawberries into powder. Set aside.
- Prepare the rest of the cream filling. Combine the cream cheese and sweetener. Then add the lemon juice and strawberry mixture.
- Whip. Lastly, add the gelatin mixture and heavy cream and beat everything together until whipped and airy.
- Pour. Pour the strawberry cream filling into the pan with the prepared crust.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the strawberry cream pie overnight.
- Top with whipped cream. Optional: top with sliced strawberries.
Are Strawberries Keto-friendly?
Yes, strawberries are keto-friendly in moderation. Bear in mind that fresh strawberries are the best as they contain the original water content and no added sugars. Sugar-glazed strawberries on the other hand, are an example of a non-keto friendly variant.
Per 1 cup of strawberries (sliced): 12.7 grams of carbs (3.3 grams dietary fiber) = 9.4 grams net carbs.
More Keto Pie Recipes
Keto Lemon Cream Pie – As someone who has plenty of experience taste-testing fruit-based desserts, I have to say this keto lemon cream pie is a top contender thanks to the creamy lemon filling and almond flour crust.
Keto Key Lime Pie – I’ve been obsessed with this keto key lime pie since the first time I tried it. It’s tart and creamy, and it has the perfect level of sweetness.
Keto Chocolate Mousse Pie – If you’re looking for something decadent and satisfying, I highly recommend trying this keto chocolate mousse recipe!
Keto Pumpkin Pie – Bring on the festivities with a creamy pumpkin pie complete with the keto-friendly pie crust, of course.
The Best Strawberry Cream Pie Ever (Keto-friendly and Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
For the crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup granulated Stevia or other granulated low carb sweetener
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- pinch of salt
For the strawberry filling:
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 oz freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp water
For the whipped cream layer:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
For decoration (optional):
- sliced fresh strawberries
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
- To make the crust, in a bowl beat butter and sweetener.
- Add the almond flour and salt and mix until soft dough forms.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie dish.
- Prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork.
- Refrigerate for minimum one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- To make the filling, add the water and gelatin to a small saucepan and mix to combine.
- Heat it over low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Use a blender or coffee grinder to grind the freeze-dried strawberries into powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese and sweetener and beat until well combined.
- Add the lemon juice and strawberry powder and mix to combine.
- Add the gelatin mixture and heavy cream and beat until mixture looks whipped and thickened.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To make the whipped cream layer, add the heavy cream and sweetener to a bowl.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the pie.
- Top with sliced strawberries (if using) and serve.
More Strawberry Keto Desserts
Keto No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake – It only takes 30 minutes to make this classic dessert from crust to finish but you wouldn’t even know–that’s how amazing it turns out!
Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bites – Cheesecake-filled strawberries with drizzled chocolate–need I say more?