Today’s recipe is all about making a keto steak marinade without coconut aminos. If you’re used to always using coconut aminos as a soy sauce replacement, then get ready to be completely blown away by this tasty homemade marinade.
How to Make a Keto Steak Marinade
This seriously just might be the best steak marinade that I’ve ever tried; keto or not.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the red wine vinegar, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, fresh oregano, freshly ground black pepper, fresh thyme, onion powder, and minced garlic cloves to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Marinate. Place your preferred cut of steak in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over top of it.
- Refrigerate. Cover the steak and marinate it in the refrigerator for 2 ½ hours, turning occasionally.
- Cook. Remove the steak from the marinade, pat dry, and cook as you like.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Tips for Marinating Steak
Depending on the cut of beef that you’re using, you may need to slightly change up your approach to marinating. Here are some helpful tips for marinating a few of the most popular cuts of beef:
- Beef chuck – Beef chuck is one of the most commonly marinated cuts of beef, although it can be slightly tough. With that in mind, we recommend marinating cuts of beef chuck for between 4-6 hours with this recipe.
- Sirloin steak – Since most cuts of sirloin steak tend to be rather tender to begin with, you’ll be able to get away with a shorter marinade time. Somewhere between 2-4 hours should be ideal with this recipe.
- Beef brisket – If you’re planning on cooking beef brisket, then you may want to consider leaving it to marinate overnight. Since cuts of beef brisket tend to be quite tough, an ideal marinating time with this particular recipe will be between 10-12 hours, making it an ideal candidate for overnight marinating.
How to Cook Steak After Applying a Steak Marinade
Once you’ve completed marinating your chosen cut of steak, you’re going to want to keep the following pointers in mind before you cook it:
- Pat dry your cut of steak after marinating.
- If desired, you can add more salt and black pepper (or your preferred seasoning rub).
- In our opinion, the very best way to cook a marinated steak is to pan fry it.
(You may also like: Garlic Cilantro Butter Steak with Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus)
OMG-Good Keto Steak Marinade Without Coconut Aminos
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3/4 cup 1x
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the steak in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 ½ hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, pat dry and cook as you like.