This keto steak recipe uses the most yummy homemade cilantro butter to make your steak buttery and OMG-good. You’ve never had steak like this! It’s so, so yummy.
How to Make Garlic Cilantro Butter
- Prep the ingredients. Mince the garlic and chop up your fresh cilantro.
- Mix well. In a bowl, mix together the softened butter, minced garlic and chopped cilantro.
- Season. If needed, sprinkle a bit of salt to taste.
- Refrigerate. I like to wrap it in parchment paper and then roll it into a log before refrigerating. This way, it will solidify into shape.
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
Bacon-wrapped asparagus pairs perfectly with a nice, juicy steak, and when said steak is topped with my signature garlic cilantro butter, you truly have a match made in heaven. To make your own bacon-wrapped asparagus, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven. Preheating ensures a more accurate cooking time. You don’t want to overcook your asparagus.
- Prep the bacon. Slice your bacon strips in half.
- Wrap the asparagus. Wrap each asparagus in half a strip of bacon.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Season. Season the bacon-wrapped asparagus with some salt and pepper.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Bake. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
How to Cook the Perfect Keto Steak
When it comes to steak, you’re already halfway there if you select the right cut of meat. For this recipe, I recommend using boneless rib-eye, New York strip or sirloin steaks.
- Season the steaks. I’m a bit of a minimalist when it comes to steak; good old salt and pepper will do.
- Heat the oil and butter. You’ll want to put your skillet over high heat.
- Sear. Sear the steaks for about 2-3 minutes on each side. You want a brown crust on each side.
- Baste. Tip the skillet slightly and spoon the juices over the steak.
- Transfer to the oven. Bake for another 6 to 8 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top with garlic cilantro butter. Top each steak with a small slice of the prepared butter.
- Cover with foil. Cover with foil while letting your steaks stand for about 10 minutes.
Garlic Cilantro Butter Steak with Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the steaks:
- 4 1¼ inch-thick boneless rib-eye or New York strip or sirloin steaks (6-8 ounces each)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the garlic cilantro butter:
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
For the bacon-wrapped asparagus:
- 20 fresh asparagus spires, trimmed
- 20 thin bacon slices, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To make the garlic cilantro butter, in a small bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Scoop the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll into a log and refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
- To make the bacon-wrapped asparagus, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wrap each bacon slice tightly around an asparagus stalk.
- Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and asparagus is tender.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Season the steaks with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over high heat.
- Sear the steaks in a hot pan for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until a nice brown crust has formed.
- Spoon juices over steaks continuously to baste.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place the skillet in the center of the preheated oven for about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven.
- Top the stakes with slice of herbed butter.
- Cover with foil, and let steaks stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the stakes with warm bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Best Keto Side Dishes to Serve with Steak
- Fluffy Keto Rolls – Fluffy, golden brown rolls that toast well and are an absolute delight when served with warm butter–this is always a staple on steak nights.
- Keto French Fries – For those who enjoy pairing steak with French fries, these rutabaga alternatives have excellent texture and are seasoned to perfection.
- Keto Cauliflower Rice – As a rice option, this keto cauliflower rice can be seasoned in a variety of ways to suit the overall vibe of your meal.
- Keto Mashed Cauliflower – What is a steak without an equally satisfying serving of mashed potatoes? This mashed cauliflower alternative certainly ticks all the right boxes in terms of flavor, texture and aesthetics.
- Keto Gravy – I know there’s a good number of people who love their steak with gravy, so feel free to add in this flavorful gravy recipe that works with any meal.