Cream Cheese Keto Squash Casserole with Pork Rinds
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cups cubed summer squash
- ½ cup chopped green onion plus extra for garnish
- 1 egg
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup pork rind crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the summer squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add the green onion and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl combine the egg and heavy cream.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese and summer squash and toss to combine.
- Transfer the mixture in an 8 inch round baking dish.
- Top with remaining shredded Cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the pork rind crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the pork rind – Parmesan mixture over the top of the squash casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- Top with extra sliced green onion and serve.