Homemade 30-Minute Keto Sloppy Joes with Cloud Buns
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOK
Make sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
For the Sloppy Joes:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener to taste
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt, black pepper to taste
For the Cloud Buns:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- salt to taste
- To make the cloud buns, preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment place the egg whites, cream of tartar and pinch of salt.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Place the egg yolks, cream cheese, salt and baking powder in another bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, working in batches. Do not overmix.
- Carefully dollop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the sloppy joes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and beef and cook until the beef is no longer pink and the veggies are tender.
- Add the tomato paste, mustard, sweetener and broth and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve on cloud buns with your favorite toppings.