Even if you’re not a keto dieter, you’ll still find plenty of reasons to lovr this recipe for keto blueberry scones. They’re so incredibly light and fluffy in the center, and they come with a homemade lemon drizzle on top.
How to Make Keto Blueberry Scones
These homemade blueberry scones are super easy to make. In fact, these can be ready in just about half an hour. Just follow this recipe:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt, and a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine one large egg, unsweetened almond milk, melted coconut oil, and pure vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures. Add the wet ingredient mixture into the dry mixture and mix to combine.
- Fold. Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Prepare for baking. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and pat into a disc shape about one inch thick. Cut the disc into 8 wedges and arrange the wedges so that they’re one inch apart.
- Bake. Bake the scones in the preheated oven for approximately 18-22 minutes (or until golden).
How to Make the Homemade Lemon Drizzle
While your blueberry scones are baking, you can take a couple of moments to prepare the homemade lemon glaze to use as your drizzle:
- Combine the ingredients. Add a powdered low carb sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Drizzle. Drizzle the glaze over top of the blueberry scones once they come out of the oven.
- Cool. Allow the scones to cool completely.
- Serve. Serve the blueberry scones once they have completely cooled.
2 Quick Tips for Getting the Perfect Keto Scone Texture
Here are a couple of handy tips to keep in mind for making sure that your keto scones are turning out with the right texture:
- Use two types of flour. It’s essential to use both coconut flour and almond flour when preparing this recipe – don’t just substitute increased amounts of one for the other. The combination of both almond flour and coconut flour is what helps to give your scones the perfect texture.
- Add a little extra. Keeping the point above in mind, if you do find that your scone dough is turning out a little sticky, then you can add either a little bit more almond flour or coconut flour; this will help to stop the blueberries from seeping out and causing your flour to break apart.
Can I Store These Blueberry Scones for Later?
You’ll be able to keep these homemade blueberry scones stored inside an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days (they can also be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days).
With that being said, I should add that these scones are definitely enjoyed fresh the same day that you make them.
(You may also like: 4-Ingredient Keto Macaroons)
Melt In Your Mouth Keto Blueberry Scones with Lemon Drizzle
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
For the scones:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
For the lemon glaze:
- ¼ cup powdered low carb sweetener
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and sweetener.
- In another bowl combine the egg, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared sheet.
- Pat the dough into a disc about 1 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Move the pieces about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 18-22 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven.
- To make the glaze, in a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Drizzle the glaze over the scones and allow to cool completely.