What’s not to love about this recipe for making a quick and easy 5-minute keto queso dip? This is such a fantastic recipe for whenever you have guests over or even as a healthy snack alternative for the kids to pair with their favorite chips.
How to Make a Homemade Keto Queso Dip
It couldn’t be any easier to make this homemade keto queso dip, and I can guarantee it tastes far better than any commercial cheese dip. Here’s the recipe:
- Combine the ingredients. Add one cup of half and half, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to a heavy bottomed saucepan and mix to combine.
- Boil. Bring the mixture to a light boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the cheese. Remove the mixture from the heat and add the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Whisk. Whisk to combine.
- Serve. Serve hot.
What to Serve with Your Keto Queso Dip
One of the best things about this homemade keto queso dip is the fact that it goes amazingly well with so many different types of foods. Here are just a few of my favorite items to serve along with this dip recipe:
- Keto approved chips and crackers
- TexMex inspired cuisine (tacos, nachos, burritos, etc.)
- Fresh vegetables (carrots, celery, broccoli florets, zucchini, etc.)
- Baked eggplant (or sweet potato) fries
- Make your own homemade keto mac and cheese with your dip!
Can I Freeze Keto Queso Dip?
You can easily freeze this homemade keto queso dip for later if you want to extend its shelf life.
Before freezing the dip, you’ll first want to make sure that you allow it to cool completely. Then transfer the dip into a freezer-safe airtight container before tossing it in the freezer; it should keep for up to 4-6 months.
Alternatively, you can just keep your dip stored in the fridge like this for up to one week.
(You may also like: 6-Ingredient Keto Guacamole)
5-Minute Keto Queso Dip for Chips, Tacos, Nachos and Burritos
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine the half and half, cayenne pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the shredded cheese and whisk to combine.
- Serve hot.