If you’re a fan of baked pumpkin treats, then you’re definitely not going to want to miss out on this recipe for making a dream-worthy keto pumpkin roll complete with a homemade low carb coffee cream filling. It’s such a satisfying dessert that even non-keto dieters will love.
How to Make a Keto Pumpkin Roll
The first thing that you’ll want to do when making this recipe is prepare the low carb pumpkin cake; you’ll then turn it into a roll before making the yummy coffee cream filling.
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a 9×13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and xanthan gum to a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the eggs. Use the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to beat together 4 large eggs and a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia for about 3-5 minutes, or until pale and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla. Add the well drained pumpkin puree and pure vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the almond flour mixture. Add in the prepared almond flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Prepare for baking. Spread the batter evenly across the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Shape into a roll. Remove the cake from the oven and use the parchment paper to roll it out into a roll.
- Cool. Keep the cake rolled up until it has cooled to room temperature.
How to Make Coffee Cream
While you’re waiting for your baked pumpkin roll to cool off, you can turn your attention towards preparing the homemade coffee cream filling:
- Cream. Add the softened butter, softened cream cheese, and a low carb sweetener to a bowl and cream together.
- Add the coffee. Add the instant coffee and beat to combine.
- Whip. Use a separate bowl to whip the cold whipping heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold. Fold the whipped cream into the prepared cream cheese mixture.
- Spread. Spread the filling evenly over the cake and then roll it back up without parchment paper.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the cake for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
- Serve. Slice and serve.
2 Quick Tips for Baking Keto Desserts
If you’re relatively new to the ketogenic diet and just getting started with making your own low carb desserts, then here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind that should help you get a solid grasp on the keto baking basics:
- Choose the right baking ingredients. You’re going to want to stick with a handful of keto baking staples that can be used as direct substitutes for common baking ingredients like all-purpose flour and sugar. You should always keep items like almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and some type of low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia on hand; most keto baking recipes will be using these popular low carb ingredients.
- Focus on quality over quantity. It’s not uncommon for keto recipes to only have 2 or 3 ingredients in them. That’s completely okay because keto recipes don’t have your usual fillers, excess sugars, and other unnecessary ingredients. Keep it simple, and you’ll learn to appreciate the ingredients even more.
(Also try: No Bake Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Jar)
Keto Pumpkin Roll with Coffee Cream
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
For the cake:
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- ½ cup well drained pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the filling:
- 1/3 cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- ½ cup cold whipping heavy cream
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ tsp instant coffee
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
For decoration (optional):
- 2 tbsp powdered Stevia or other low carb powdered sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the eggs and sweetener until pale and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add in the almond flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spread the batter evenly across the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Using the parchment paper, roll it into a roll.
- Keep it rolled until it cools to a room temperature.
- To make the filling, in a bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sweetener.
- Add the instant coffee and beat to combine.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the filling evenly over the cake and then roll it back up without parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Dust with powder sweetener (in using) just before serving.
- Slice and serve.