Cheesecake is one of my favorite keto desserts to prepare because of how easy it is to tweak in order to be 100% keto-friendly. Simply swap out the sugar and grain-filled crusts for a few tasty keto alternatives, and you can still indulge in a delicious cake made with cream cheese and other yummy ingredients. The recipe I’m sharing today is a nice and easy cheesecake recipe that not only requires absolutely no baking, but it also fits neatly into a jar for a healthy dessert option that you can take on the go. This no bake keto pumpkin cheesecake in a jar features a homemade almond crust with a decadent cream cheese and pumpkin filling and it’s all topped off with a crunchy walnut topping.
Grab and Go Keto Dessert
The first thing to do when you’re making this no bake cheesecake is to prepare your homemade crust. Add your almonds and cinnamon into a food processor along with a zero calorie sweetener like Stevia and then process them on the S blade until they make a crumbly mixture that’s slightly sticky. I love making my cheesecake crusts using almonds because not only are they a healthy grain-free option, but they’re perfect for the keto diet as well thanks to their high concentration of heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Adding a daily serving of almonds into your diet is a proven way to lower your cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. (1) After processing your mixture, use a shot glass to press it firmly into the bottom of your jars or ramekins.
To make the cheesecake filling, start by mixing the cream cheese together with your low carb sweetener until the texture is creamy. It helps to use cream cheese that’s been sitting at room temperature for easier mixing. You can then add in the cinnamon, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree to give the filling that delicious pumpkin spice taste. Both the cinnamon and pumpkin puree are excellent sources of disease-fighting antioxidants, helping to combat the harmful free radicals that contribute to everything from cancer to heart disease. (2) Beat everything together until it’s well blended, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
The final thing to add into the filling is the heavy whipping cream, perfect for adding more quality fat calories. You’ll want to mix the cream in at low speed at first before increasing the speed to give your filling a nice and fluffy texture. After pouring this mixture into your jars (or ramekins), you can sprinkle the chopped walnuts over top of them and then throw them into the fridge for a couple of hours to chill before they’re ready to serve. As an added note, if you’d rather not use walnuts or add any sort of topping, don’t worry, it’s completely optional. Once the cheesecake is done chilling, you’ll be all set to enjoy a yummy keto-friendly dessert that you can take with you on the go.
No Bake Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Jar
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
For the crust:
1 ½ cups almonds
2 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
½ tsp cinnamon
For the filling:
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup cold heavy cream
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
¾ cup homemade or store bought, no sugar added pumpkin puree, well drained
chopped walnuts (optional)
- To make the crust, add the almonds, sweetener and cinnamon in a food processor and process on the S blade until a crumbly, slightly sticky mixture has formed.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the small jars or ramekins using the bottom of a shot glass to press it firmly and evenly into the jars. Set aside.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese and sweetener in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium-low speed until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree and beat until well blended.
- Scrape down the beater and the sides of the bowl with a spatula then switch to the whisk attachment and pour in the heavy cream.
- Mix at low speed to combine, then increase to high and whip until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between the jars, sprinkle with chopped walnuts (if using) and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours or until ready to serve.