Giant (And Chewy) Keto Soft Pretzels with Cheese Dipping Sauce
Bree - KetoPots.com
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
For the pretzels:
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp pretzel salt
For the sauce:
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small glass or bowl combine the warm water and dry yeast. Set aside.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high.
- Stir every 30 seconds until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Add in the almond flour, xanthan gum, yeast mixture and salt to taste and mix to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes or until it’s not too sticky to work with.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan add the ½ cup of water and baking soda.
- Cook over medium heat until the baking soda has dissolved.
- Divide the dough into 11 balls.
- Roll each ball into a long skinny log and twist into a pretzel shape.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the pretzels with baking soda mixture.
- Let the pretzels rest for 30 minutes.
- Brush the pretzels with the melted butter and sprinkle with pretzel salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- To make the sauce, add the heavy cream, butter and cream cheese to a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the Cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately with pretzels.