There’s nothing better than a good slow cooked meal and this recipe for making a slow cooker garlic herb butter pork tenderloin is definitely as good as it gets! You’ll be slow cooking 2 pounds of pork tenderloin to perfection before drizzling it with the most mouth watering homemade garlic herb butter sauce you’ll ever try.
How to Make Garlic Herb Keto Pork Tenderloin
Before anything else, you’re going to do a bit of prep work with your pork tenderloin before adding it into your slow cooker along with a variety of other savory keto approved ingredients:
- Season. Season the pork with salt and black pepper.
- Add ingredients to the slow cooker. Add the pork tenderloin, butter, minced garlic cloves, dried parsley, and your choice of either beef or chicken stock to a slow cooker.
- Cook. Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook on LOW for approximately 4-5 hours (or until the pork is fork tender).
- Tent. Remove the pork tenderloin from the slow cooker and tent with aluminum foil.
- Cook the sauce. Pour the cooking juices from the slow cooker into a skillet and cook the sauce over medium high heat until it has thickened to your liking.
- Drizzle. Drizzle the garlic butter sauce over top of the pork tenderloin.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
3 of the Best Slow Cooker Alternatives
If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can still make this pork tenderloin recipe. You’ll just have to use one of the following slow cooker alternatives:
- Dutch oven
- Casserole dish covered in aluminum foil
- Instant Pot
Can I Freeze This Pork Tenderloin Recipe?
One of the best things about this pork tenderloin recipe is how easy it is to freeze the leftovers. You can even freeze your pork tenderloin together with the garlic herb butter sauce if you want to.
Before freezing, you’ll first need to allow the pork and the sauce to cool off completely. You can then transfer both the pork and sauce into either an airtight container or a freezer-safe ziploc bag to store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I Use Beef Tenderloin Instead?
You can absolutely swap out the pork tenderloin in this recipe in favor of a beef tenderloin if you would like. Both options will work perfectly well when it comes to producing a delicious and nutritious keto dinner.
(You may also like: Instant Pot Keto Pulled Pork)
Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Butter Pork Tenderloin (Keto-friendly)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4.5 hours
- Total Time: 20 minute
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 6 tbsp butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp dried parsley
- ¼ cup beef or chicken stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parleys for serving (optional)
- Season the pork with salt and black pepper.
- Add the pork, butter, garlic, parsley and stock to a slow cooker.
- Cover with a lid and cook on LOW for 4 -5 hours or unit fork tender.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and tent with foil.
- Pour the cooking juices to a skillet and cook sauce over medium high heat until thickened to your liking.
- Drizzle the garlic butter Sauce over the tenderloin and serve.