This strawberry and hibiscus keto pink drink is incredibly refreshing, soul-satisfying and quite healthy. If you’re looking for something low carb and sweet to curb your cravings, make this easy drink (it only takes 5 minutes!).
How to Make a Refreshing Keto Pink Drink
- Boil 8 punches of water.
- Steep the tea bags. Steep the hibiscus tea bag and raspberry tea bag in the boiling for water for 5 minutes, or according to the specific tea instructions.
- Blend. Add the tea mixture, cold water, a low carb sweetener like Stevia, fresh strawberries, coconut milk, and xanthan gum to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Pour the pink drink over ice and serve.
3 Reasons Why This Keto Pink Drink Helps With Curbing Cravings
Are you wondering what the secret is to this keto pink drink that helps with curbing your food cravings? Well, here are 3 science-backed reasons that detail what makes this drink recipe such a great choice for busting up your carb cravings.
- Quench your thirst first. Numerous studies have found that quite often when an individual feels like they’re hungry, they’re actually just thirsty instead. (1) Low carb drink options like this pink drink are a great choice for quenching your thirst, which can help with managing ‘hunger’ cravings throughout the day.
- Rich in dietary fiber. Using fresh strawberries in this drink recipe also provides you with a modest amount of dietary fiber, which can help to further increase feelings of satiety and help with managing cravings throughout the day. (2)
- Quality fat calories. Using your choice of either full fat coconut milk or heavy cream in this drink is a great way to add more quality calories from dietary fat that will further help with feeling satiated (and thus once again helping to prevent binge eating later on).
Can I Drink This Keto Pink Drink Everyday?
Yes, you can absolutely drink this keto pink drink each and every day without issue. With that being said, I would definitely recommend sticking with only one pink drink per day. Everything in moderation, after all.
The reason for this is because one of the ingredients used, hibiscus tea, is perfectly safe in moderation but it may cause some side effects if you drink too much of it. These side effects are admittedly rather mild (stomach pain, headache, nausea, etc), but they do exist nonetheless and are something to be aware of.
With that being said, as long as you’re limiting yourself to one pink drink per day, this recipe is perfectly safe to enjoy on a daily basis. In fact, here are a few reasons why you should be making this drink every day:
- Delicious and refreshing.
- Good source of both dietary fiber and dietary fat, both of which help with satiety.
- Provides an all-natural boost of energy.
- Decent source of essential vitamins, minerals, and other micronutrients.
- Fresh strawberries add some disease-fighting antioxidants into the mix as well.
(You may also like: Lemon Lime Keto Electrolyte Drink)
Refreshing Keto Pink Drink to Curb Cravings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 8 oz boiling water
- 1 berry hibiscus tea bag
- 1 raspberry tea bag
- 1 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb sweetener to taste
- 1 cup cold water
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk or heavy cream
- 3 fresh strawberries
- pinch of xanthan gum
- Steep tea bags in the boiling water for 5 minutes, or according to tea instructions.
- Add the tea, cold water, sweetener, strawberries, coconut milk and xanthan gum to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over ice and serve.