On the agenda today is this super quick and easy recipe for making a WOW-worthy keto pina colada. This recipe is perfect for the warmer summer months and the best part is it will only take you a couple of minutes to prepare this refreshing, low-carb drink from scratch.
How to Make a Keto Pina Colada
You’ll only need a handful of keto approved ingredients and about 2 minutes of time to make this yummy keto pina colada drink:
- Blend. Add the white rum, coconut cream, pineapple chunks, ice cubes, and a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Prepare for serving. Divide the pina colada between glasses.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Can I Make a Non-Alcoholic Version Of This Recipe?
If you would prefer to make a non-alcoholic version of this cocktail you can definitely omit the white rum and just keep everything else the same.
This recipe works equally good for creating classic pina coladas or virgin pina coladas.
2 Simple Tips for Making Keto Cocktails
Keep these 2 easy to remember tips in mind when making your own keto cocktails in order to make sure that you’re getting the best results possible:
- Stick with keto approved spirits. You’ll want to stick with low carb alcohol staples like rum, whiskey, and gin when making cocktails.
- Avoid carb heavy mixers. Make sure that the mixers you’re using are all keto approved as well. A great example of a keto approved cocktail would be a classic gin and tonic; on the other hand, a whiskey sour is most likely not going to be keto-friendly.
- Stick to fresh fruit. Do not use fruits that have been preserved in syrup or glazed with sugar. These contain sugars that add to the carb content of this recipe.
(You may also like: Keto White Russian Cocktail)
WOW-worthy Keto Pina Colada
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1/3 cup white rum
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 3 cup ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide between glasses and serve immediately.