This recipe for making keto Parmesan crusted chicken breasts is what I would consider to be the very definition of ‘comfort food’. Think juicy chicken breasts coated in the most amazing Parmesan crust mixture, and then fried to golden brown perfection–yum!
How to Make Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts
Simply follow these easy directions and you’ll be on your way to making these Parmesan crusted chicken breasts like a pro in no time:
- Season the chicken. Season the chicken cutlets with ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Prepare the egg mixture. Use a shallow dish to combine the eggs, garlic powder, and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Prepare the dredging mixture. In a separate shallow plate, combine the freshly grated Parmesan cheese and almond flour.
- Dredge the chicken. Dip each of the chicken cutlets into the egg mixture and then dredge them in the Parmesan – almond mixture.
- Prepare the frying pan. Add both olive oil and butter to a heavy, deep frying pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Fry the chicken. Fry 2 chicken cutlets at a time for 2-3 minutes per side (or until lightly browned).
- Serve. Remove the chicken cutlets from the pan and serve.
3 Quick Tips for Frying Chicken Breasts
Here are a few of our top tips for frying chicken breasts; be sure to keep them in mind for best results when making this Parmesan crusted chicken recipe.
- Make sure to heat the oil first. Before frying your chicken breast cutlets, you’ll want to make sure that you give the olive oil time to get hot in the frying pan. This will help the chicken to begin to brown instantly as soon as it touches the hot oil.
- Consider covering the frying pan. Covering your chicken (not fully covered; make sure to leave a little bit of room) while it’s frying is a great way to trap steam, which can in turn help cook the chicken quicker and even result in a more moist finished product.
- Dredge evenly and lightly. Make sure that you apply an equal amount of coating to each chicken cutlet, while also being sure not to apply too much. It might take a couple of tries to find the perfect balance, but once you do, soggy crust will become a thing of the past.
Can I Freeze Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts?
You can absolutely freeze these Parmesan crusted chicken breasts.
You’ll first need to make sure that you allow your chicken to cool off completely if you’re planning on freezing. You can place the chicken cutlets in either an airtight container or a heavy duty freezer-safe Ziploc bag.
You’ll be able to keep your chicken frozen like this for up to 3 months.
Best Way to Reheat Chicken Breasts
I find that the best way to reheat your Parmesan crusted chicken breasts is to simply allow them to thaw out slightly at room temperature and then just fire them in the oven at 400℉ until warmed through.
Alternatively, if you’re in a hurry, you can also microwave the chicken in 30-second intervals until heated through.
(You may also like: 8 Comforting Keto Chicken Casserole Recipes)
Comforting Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp almond flour
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and black pepper
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a shallow dish combine the eggs, garlic powder and remaining Italian seasoning.
- In another shallow plate combine the grated Parmesan cheese and almond flour.
- Dip each chicken piece in the egg mixture then dredge in the Parmesan – almond mixture.
- Add olive oil and butter in a heavy, deep frying pan.
- Heat it over medium high heat.
- Fry 2 steaks at time, 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and serve.