I’ve said it 100 times before and I’ll probably say it 100 times again: eggs are the perfect go to breakfast food for keto dieters. They’re packed full of everything that you need to start your day off on the right foot. That’s definitely the case with this recipe for making a fluffy (and oh so cheesy) keto omelette with scallions and bacon.
Eggs are an excellent source of protein, saturated fat, and essential vitamins and minerals like vitamins B6, B12, and d, zinc, selenium, iron, and copper. It’s also incredibly easy to take simple eggs and make some truly delicious breakfast meals out of them.
This Easy Keto Omelette Makes the Best Keto Breakfast
You’ll start by grabbing a bowl and whisking together your eggs with one single teaspoon of milk (I like to use whole milk when I make this recipe. You can also feel free to use heavy cream if you would prefer that). After whisking, season to taste with a bit of salt and black pepper.
You can then grab your nonstick frying pan and heat some butter over medium heat. Next, pour your eggs into the pan and cook them for approximately one minute.
You’ll then be able to sprinkle your shredded cheddar cheese, scallion, and your crumbled slice of bacon over half of the omelette. Continue to cook for an additional two minutes as is, and then use a spatula to fold the omelette over in half.
Give the omelette one last minute to cook from here and then serve it immediately.
How Can I Make My Omelette Fluffier?
How fluffy your omelette ends up largely depends on the strength of your whisking arm. If you want to end up with an omelette that’s almost cloud like in texture, then be sure to follow these steps:
- Separate your egg whites and egg yolks into separate bowls
- Lightly scramble the yolks
- Season yolks with salt and black pepper
- Vigorously whisk the egg whites together until they form stiff peaks
- Gently fold the whisked egg whites in with the yolks
- Cook as you normally would
Do I Need a Whisk or Mixer to Make an Omelette?
A whisk or a mixer isn’t exactly required in order to make an omelette. But let’s be honest, they’re definitely going to make your life a lot easier than if you were to try to make your omelette without them.
This is especially true when you consider the point above about making fluffy, airy omelettes.
Can I Reheat Omelettes? What’s the Best Way to Do So?
Yes, you can certainly reheat an omelette to enjoy later if you would prefer. In fact, I would strongly recommend that you reheat your leftover omelette instead of eating it cold for health and safety reasons. With that being said, I wouldn’t keep an omelette for any longer than 24 hours after making it.
As far as what the best way to reheat an omelette is, you’ll want to use one of the following three options:
- Wrap in paper towel and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes
- Heat up a skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side over a stovetop
I typically just toss my omelette in the microwave for convenience’s sake when I need to reheat mine, but you can 100% feel free to go with whatever method you prefer!
(You may also like: The Best Keto BLT Frittata for a Wholesome Breakfast)
Fluffy (And Cheesy) Keto Omelette with Scallions and Bacon
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp sliced scallion
- salt, black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook for 1 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheddar, bacon and scallion over half the omelette.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula fold the omelette over in half.
- Cook for one minute more.
- Serve immediately.