This crave-worthy recipe for making maple pecan keto oatmeal will have you enjoying oatmeal for breakfast again, even while on the keto diet. This is no ordinary keto oatmeal recipe though; it’s made with a tasty homemade blend out of great ingredients like hemp seeds, chia seeds and flax meal.
How to Make Maple Pecan Keto Oatmeal
You’re going to love this homemade blend of maple pecan. There’s just something so comforting about this recipe that always reminds me of home. Here’s the recipe:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the hulled hemp seeds, finely ground flax meal, collagen peptides, and chia seeds to a heavy bottomed saucepan and mix to combine.
- Add the liquid ingredients. Add the heavy cream (or full fat coconut milk if you would prefer) and water and whisk to combine.
- Simmer. Simmer the mixture over low to medium heat, stirring frequently, until it becomes creamy and has thickened to your liking. Watch out for any clumps or signs that it’s starting to break because you don’t want that.
- Add the maple. Remove the oatmeal from the heat and stir in the maple extract.
- Garnish. Top the oatmeal with chopped pecans.
- Serve. Serve warm.
Keto Oatmeal Toppings
One of the best things about making keto oatmeal is that it’s ridiculously easy to customize your oatmeal by adding different toppings. Here are some of my favorite keto approved toppings that I like to add to my own morning oatmeal:
- Other types of chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc.)
- Fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- Shredded coconut flakes
Can I Make Keto Oatmeal Ahead of Time?
You can definitely make this maple pecan keto oatmeal ahead of time. Just mix together your dry ingredients and then whisk in the heavy cream (or full fat coconut milk).
With that out of the way, cover your oatmeal tightly with plastic wrap and then keep it in the fridge. You can keep it in there for up to 4-5 days before it will start to spoil.
Can I Use This Recipe for Overnight Oats?
Yes, you can easily incorporate overnight oats into this keto oatmeal recipe.
The only thing to keep in mind is that overnight oats do have an admittedly high carb count, so you’re going to want to make sure that you stay aware of your daily macro counts. Some keto dieters can go as high as 60 grams of carbs per day without being knocked out of ketosis. Others have to strictly limit their intake to 10 grams of carbs (or less).
(You may also like: Homemade Keto Cereal)
Crave-worthy Maple Pecan Keto Oatmeal (Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- ¼ cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp finely ground flax meal
- 1 tbsp collagen peptides powder
- 1 ½ tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup heavy cream or full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp maple extract
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine the hemp seeds, flax meal, collagen peptides and chia seeds.
- Add the heavy cream and water and whisk to combine.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until creamy and thickened to your liking.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the maple extract.
- Top with chopped pecans and serve.