Today’s recipe is all about the best and most authentic keto Mongolian beef stir fry you’ll ever try. The recipe is easy to adapt with whatever ingredients you have available, making it the perfect healthy meal option for busy moms and dads.
How to Make Keto Mongolian Beef Stir Fry
Making your own protein-packed keto Mongolian beef stir fry is super easy thanks to this fantastic recipe:
- Prepare the marinade sauce. Add the soy sauce, grated fresh ginger, and minced garlic cloves to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Toss the steak. Add the sliced skirt steak and toss to combine.
- Marinate. Allow the steak to marinate for a minimum of one hour in the fridge.
- Prepare the wok. Add your choice of either avocado or grapeseed oil to a large wok and heat it over high heat until hot.
- Cook the steak. Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes or until brown, making sure that you stir the beef as you cook.
- Add the onions. Add the green onion pieces and cook for 30 seconds.
- (Optional) Garnish. Sprinkle with the sliced red chili if using.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Tips for Making the Best Mongolian Stir Frys
Making a truly good Mongolian stir fry is admittedly something of a culinary art form. Thankfully, this particular recipe helps immensely by taking most of the guesswork out for you.
However, with that being said, here are a few extra tips that you can keep in mind when making this recipe; hopefully they’ll have you making Mongolian stir frys like an old pro in no time:
- Choose the right kind of steak. Certain cuts of beef work far better than others for making a good Mongolian stir fry. The best options are skirt steak, flank steak, or flat iron steak.
- Cut against the grain. When slicing your steak, make sure that you’re cutting against the grain. The reasoning behind this is to help break up the muscle fibers, which will result in meat that is way more tender after cooking.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables. Most vegetables don’t take very long to cook, so make sure not to add it to your mixture too early. Also, take into account the amount of time it will take you to plate this recipe. The residual heat from the pan will continue to cook your stir fry, which could result in overcooked vegetables.
What’s the Best Way to Store This Keto Mongolian Beef Stir Fry?
You’ll want to keep this Mongolian beef stir fry stored tightly inside of an airtight container. Before transferring the stir fry into the container, you’ll also want to make sure that you allow it to cool completely.
You’ll be able to keep this dish stored like this in the fridge for up to 4-5 days or frozen in the freezer for up to one month.
(You may also like: Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa)
Quick and Easy Keto Mongolian Beef Stir Fry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound skirt steak, sliced
- ¼ soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red chili, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup avocado or grapeseed oil
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Add the steak and toss to combine.
- Let marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Add the oil to a large wok and heat it over hight heat until hot.
- Add the beef and cook (stirring) for 2-3 minutes or until brown.
- Add the green onions and cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with red chili (if using) and serve.