If you enjoy a nice drink every now and then, then you’re going to absolutely love this sugar-free keto mojito recipe since it’s 100% keto-approved. The recipe combines vodka with lime juice and fresh mint to make a mojito that manages to stay keto while still offering up a distinctive taste that’s sure to satisfy even the most picky of mojito fans.
How to Make a Keto Mojito
Full disclosure: mojitos are easily my all time favorite alcoholic cocktail to make. Believe me when I tell you that I’ve experimented with a lot of recipes, and this one happens to be my favorite by far:
- Mix the mint and lime juice. Add the fresh mint leaves and lime juice into a measuring glass.
- Release the mint flavor. Use a muddler to crush the mint leaves.
- Add the sweetener. Add a low carb sweetener like Stevia and stir the mixture until it has completely dissolved. Make sure not to use any simple syrups or anything with carbs to sweeten.
- Add the vodka. Add the vodka and stir to combine.
- Transfer to glass. Add ice cubes to a tall glass and then pour in the vodka and lime mixture.
- Add club soda. Add just a splash of club soda.
- (Optional) Garnish. Garnish with mint sprig and a slice of lime if using.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Is Alcohol Allowed on the Keto Diet?
Many people are surprised to learn that alcohol is indeed allowed on the keto diet. It really shouldn’t be a surprise though. After all, going keto usually ends up being more about an overall healthier lifestyle as opposed to just another ‘diet choice’ for many.
With that being said though, it’s also important to make the distinction between alcohols that are keto-friendly and those that aren’t.
As a general rule of thumb, you’ll want to stick with either hard spirits or dry wine. Stick with the following list of keto approved alcohol and you’ll be okay:
- Dry red wine
- Dry white wine
As for what types of alcohol to avoid, you’ll definitely want to keep away from beer (yes, even the ‘light’ kinds) and sugary cocktails. You’ll also want to steer clear of more flavorful liqueurs like Kahlua because tasty as it may be, it’s also loaded with carbs.
Can I Drink This Keto Mojito Everyday?
As with any type of alcoholic drink, you can enjoy this mojito on a daily basis, so long as you practice moderation.
One keto mojito every day is probably fine. Drinking 5 or 6 every day? Not so much.
(You may also like: Keto Margarita)
Low Carb Keto Mojito Recipe (Lime, Vodka, Mint)
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 4–5 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 oz vodka
- club soda
- ice cubes
For garnish (optional):
- mint sprig
- lime slice
- Place mint leaves and lime juice into a measuring glass.
- Use a muddler to crush the mint.
- Add the sweetener and stir until sweetener dissolves.
- Add vodka and stir to combine.
- In a tall glass add ice cubes and vodka-lime mixture.
- Add splash of club soda.
- Garnish with mint sprig and lime slice (if using) and serve.