You seriously won’t believe how quick and easy it is to make this low carb keto marinara sauce recipe. You can have it ready to go completely from scratch in 5 minutes or less and it makes the perfect base for all your keto pasta recipes.
How to Make Homemade Keto Marinara Sauce
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this zesty homemade keto marinara sauce from scratch:
- Blend. Add 2 cans of peeled tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Can I Use Fresh Tomatoes Instead of Canned Tomatoes
You can definitely use fresh tomatoes to make this marinara sauce recipe if you would prefer, but I honestly would recommend sticking with canned tomatoes instead.
The reason being is that most canned tomatoes already have a bit of salt added to them during the preserving process, which also happens to take place during the height of tomato season.
Many varieties of canned tomatoes also have a bit of tomato paste added in already as well, which makes it even easier to make sauce recipes like this one.
What to Serve with Keto Marinara Sauce
Here are just a few of my favorite low carb recipes to serve along with this keto marinara sauce:
3 Keto Pasta Alternatives
Here are 3 great keto approved pasta alternative ideas that you can try out as well; hopefully they can inspire you to start planning a low carb pasta dinner night with your family:
(Also try: Keto Alfredo Sauce)
Low Carb Keto Marinara Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3.5 cups 1x
- 2 (14 oz) cans peeled tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.