These 4-ingredient keto macaroons are an instant favorite among the kids, and you’ll see why in just a minute. They’re so unbelievably tasty and they double as both a healthy snack and a yummy dessert.
How to Make Keto Macaroons
You won’t believe me when I say that it only takes about half an hour to prepare these keto macaroons. Here’s the recipe:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 300℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the coconut mixture. Add the unsweetened shredded coconut, a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia, and pure vanilla extract to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Set aside the mixture for now.
- Take out your stand mixer and whisk the eggs. Whisk the egg whites until medium peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Prepare the macaroons for baking. Use either a mini ice cream scoop or two spoons to form heaping tablespoons of the mixture into mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake the macaroons in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes (or until golden).
- Cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Serve. Serve immediately once the macaroons have cooled.
Macaroons vs. Macarons – What’s the Difference?
The two are often interchanged so make sure you are preparing the right one. The biggest difference between macaroons and macarons is that macaroons are made with coconut, while macarons are made with almond flour.
Aside from that, both keto dessert options are also made with whipped egg whites and some type of low carb granulated sweetener.
2 Surprising Benefits of These Macaroons For Keto Dieters
These tasty treats have the added benefit of also providing keto dieters with a few great benefits:
- Easier to stay in ketosis. Coconut is an excellent source of medium chain triglyceride (MCT) fatty acids, a type of dietary fat that has been found to help the body enter a state of ketosis more easily (and more rapidly as well). (1)
- Nutrient-dense snack option. In spite of the fact that these macaroons are only made with 4 ingredients, you still end up with a dessert that provides you with solid amounts of quality fatty acids, protein, dietary fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals.
How to Keep Your Keto Macaroons Fresh
The best way to keep your macaroons fresh is to keep them sealed up inside of an airtight container and then keep them in either the fridge or the freezer.
If you store your macaroons in the fridge, they will keep for up to one week. On the other hand, if you freeze them instead, they will keep for up to 3 months.
(You may also like: 3-Minute Coconut Flour Mug Cake)
4-Ingredient Keto Macaroons (Healthy, Low Carb Keto Dessert)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the coconut, sweetener and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment place the egg whites.
- Whisk the egg whites until medium peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture, working in batches.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or two spoons, form heaping tablespoons of the mixture into mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.