Today’s recipe is all about a 5-ingredient keto lemon curd that has been an absolute hit with everyone who has tried it. It’s a rich, decadent dessert option that has been made 100% keto-friendly while still keeping the original flavors and texture of lemon curd in mind.
How to Make Keto Lemon Curd
It should only take you about 5 minutes of prep time along with 10 or so minutes of cooking time in order to make this low carb lemon curd.
- Whisk. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, a low granulated sweetener like allulose, 2 egg yolks, and 2 large eggs to a heavy bottomed saucepan and whisk until well combined.
- Cook. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 8-10 minutes (or until it has thickened to your liking).
- Strain. Remove from the heat and strain the curd through a mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Add the butter. Add the unsalted butter and whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to jars. Transfer the hot curd into sterilized jars and seal tightly.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the curd until ready to use.
What to Pair with Keto Lemon Curd
This keto lemon curd is a rich dessert offering that’s perfectly enjoyable all on its own.
However, when you pair it with the right low carb treats, it becomes even better. So with that being said, try pairing your curd with the following options:
- Add the lemon curd as a topping to your favorite keto pancake or waffle recipes.
- Use the lemon curd as a filling for crepes or keto cake layers.
- Make your own keto-friendly fruit pizzas by using lemon curd as a base.
Best Way to Store Keto Lemon Curd
You can keep this keto lemon curd recipe stored in either the refrigerator or the freezer, depending on how long you want it to last.
You can keep the curd stored inside the sterilized jars for up to 4 weeks before it will begin to spoil.
If you want to extend the shelf life for even longer, consider transferring the curd into a freezer-safe, airtight container and freezing it. When frozen like this, the curd will keep for up to 3-4 months.
(You may also like: Homemade Keto-friendly Lemonade)
5-Ingredient Keto Lemon Curd (Sugar-Free and Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used allulose
- 1/3 cup butter unsalted
- 2 large lemons juiced and zested
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, sweetener, egg yolks and eggs to a heavy bottomed saucepan and whisk until well combined.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 8-10 minutes or until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Strain the curd through a mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Add the butter and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the hot curd into sterilized jars and seal.
- Store in the refrigerator.