This keto lemon cream pie is tart, refreshing and the perfect low carb dessert when you’re looking for a light treat. If you haven’t had a good lemon cream pie recipe like this before you’re seriously missing out!
How to Make Keto-friendly Pie Crust
Making keto-friendly pie crust is one of the biggest breakthroughs of my many experiments in the kitchen. I didn’t realize how easy it would be once I got the ratios down. Here’s how you can make your own keto pie crust:
- Grease. Grease your pan with some cooking spray or a bit of butter.
- Mix the ingredients. Combine your egg, butter, Stevia, almond flour and salt.
- Press the dough into the pan. Press the dough mixture onto the bottom of your 9-inch pan. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the crust in the pan for at least an hour.
- Bake. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to Make Keto Lemon Cream Pie
I’m always happy to share baking tips with you, but even more so with this particular recipe because it turned out so well with minimal tweaking. To make the most fabulous lemon cream filling ever, keep reading.
- Combine the liquid ingredients. Combine the eggs and sweetener first.
- Continue beating. Add in the sour cream and lemon zest. Pour in the lemon juice last.
- Pour the cream filling. Take the crust out of the fridge and pour the filling onto the crust.
- Bake. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the whipped topping. Dissolve the gelatin in water over a small saucepan. In a separate bowl, whip together the heavy cream and sweetener. Add the gelatin mixture.
- Whip. Whip the mixture until it forms stiff peaks.
- Spread over the cream filling. For best results, refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
That’s it! You can change up the lemon with another citrus fruit like orange and it would work just as great for this recipe.
Are Lemons Keto?
Yes, lemons can be considered keto-friendly especially if you’re just going to be using the lemon juice and zest. One fluid ounce of lemon juice contains around 2 gram of carbs, which is perfect for keto.
Lemon zest on the other hand, will add a negligible amount of carbs.
How Long Does Lemon Cream Pie Last in the Fridge?
For best results, I recommend keeping your lemon cream pie in the fridge for no longer than 5 to 7 days. The whipped cream topping is best eaten fresh and can cause it to spoil sooner than if you would just store the pie in the fridge.
One option would be to store the whipped cream topping separately from the lemon cream pie and just top it as you serve.
(You may also like: Ooey-Gooey Keto Pecan Pie Bars)
OMG-worthy Keto Lemon Cream Pie
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 1x
For the crust:
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 2/3 cup almond flour
- pinch of salt
For the lemon filling:
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup lemon juice
- zest of one lemon plus extra for decoration
For the whipped cream layer:
- 1 tsp granulated gelatin
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
- To make the crust, in a bowl beat egg and sweetener.
- Add the butter, salt and almond flour and mix until soft dough forms.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie dish.
- Prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork.
- Refrigerate for minimum one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl add the eggs and sweetener and beat until well combined.
- Add the sour cream and lemon zest and beat to combine.
- Slowly pour in the lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Remove the crust form the oven.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Return the pie dish to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until only slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the whipped cream layer, add the water and gelatin to a small saucepan and mix to combine.
- Heat it over low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the heavy cream and sweetener to a bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- Add the gelatin mixture and whip to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the lemon pie.
- Sprinkle with extra lemon zest.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Yummy Keto Pie Recipes
Keto Key Lime Pie – Key lime pie is my absolute favorite pie flavor, and this recipe is no exception. It has all the trademark flavors but in a wonderful, keto-friendly format.
Keto Chocolate Mousse Pie – You can’t go wrong with chocolate mousse, especially when it’s executed so well. This recipe is rich, luxurious and has just the right amount of sweetness.
Keto Pumpkin Pie – Pumpkin pie is highly requested in my family, so I’m confident that this recipe has just the right balance of spices to really bring out the true essence of pumpkin pie but without the excess carbs.