These melt in your mouth keto lemon cookies will surprise you in every way. They turn out amazingly soft and chewy and the homemade lemon glaze is simply to die for!
How to Make Keto Lemon Cookies
You’ll want to first make your lemon cookies from scratch; once you’re done baking the cookies, you can turn your attention to making the homemade lemon glaze while the cookies are cooling.
- Cream the soft ingredients. Cream together the room temperature butter, softened cream cheese, and a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia.
- Beat the other liquid ingredients. Add the egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest into the cream cheese mixture and beat to combine.
- Add flour. Add the almond flour and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the dough. Use a 1 inch cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottoms.
- Cool. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Serve. Drizzle each cookie with the homemade lemon glaze (see below for details) and then sprinkle lemon zest over top before serving.
How to Make a Keto Lemon Glaze
Making the homemade lemon glaze is super easy and should only take a few seconds:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the lemon juice and a powdered low carb sweetener to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Drizzle. Drizzle each of your finished lemon cookies with the glaze and then sprinkle lemon zest over the top.
Best Way to Store Keto Lemon Cookies
The best way to store your keto lemon cookies is to simply keep them sealed up tightly inside of an airtight container. Since the cookies are glazed, I would recommend keeping them in the fridge instead of room temperature.
When properly stored, your cookies will keep for up to one week. You can also freeze them if you like. They will keep for up to 6 months when frozen.
(You may also like: Low Carb Keto Cream Cheese Cookies)
Melt In Your Mouth Keto Lemon Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
For the cookies:
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 egg
- 2 cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup powdered low carb sweetener
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- To make the cookies, cream the butter, cream cheese and sweetener.
- Add the egg, lemon juice and lemon zest and beat to combine.
- Add the almond flour and mix to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for minimum one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Use 1 inch cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned at the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, in a bowl combine the lemon juice and sweetener.
- Drizzle each cookie with the glaze and sprinkle with lemon zest.