These chocolate covered peanut butter keto ice cream truffles are like a Reese peanut butter cup but in ice cream form (and they’re low carb!). If you’re looking for a decadent, but healthy low carb dessert, give this easy ice cream truffle recipe a try.
How to Make Keto Ice Cream Truffles
- Blend. Add the heavy cream, natural peanut butter, granulated Stevia, vanilla extract, and a pinch of xanthan gum to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Freeze. Pour the mixture into an airtight container and freeze until solid.
- Prepare the baking sheet. For easier cleanup and to avoid sticking, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare ice cream balls. Scoop the ice cream into balls and arrange them evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze. Return the ice cream balls to the freezer for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Dip. Dip each ice cream ball, one at a time, into the homemade chocolate glaze mixture (see below).
- Drip. Remove each ice cream ball from the dip with a fork, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Freeze. Freeze for a final 30 minutes before serving.
Related: Peanut Butter Fudge
How to Make a Keto Chocolate Glaze
Here’s how to make the homemade chocolate glaze to dip your ice cream truffles in. It’s easy to make, tastes absolutely delightful and best of all, it’s 100% keto-friendly.
- Melt the chocolate. The better the quality of the chocolate you use, the better the chocolate glaze turns out. For this one, we’ll be using sugar free dark chocolate and coconut oil heated together either in the microwave or over the top of a double boiler.
- Stir. Stir the melted mixture until well combined.
- Dip. Dip each of the ice cream balls, one at a time, into the glaze.
2 Quick Tips for Coating the Ice Cream Truffles
Make sure that you’re properly coating your ice cream truffles with these 2 easy to remember tips:
- No mess, no fuss. Avoid making a mess by simply taking your time and letting the excess chocolate drip off each of the truffles when you pull them out of the glaze. This also helps to make sure your truffles have a nice and even coating.
- Plug the holes. Using a fork to remove the truffles from the bowl will leave them with a few holes; you can simply dip your finger in the chocolate glaze afterwards and spread a bit over each of the holes.
How Long Can I Store These Keto Ice Cream Truffles?
You’ll be able to keep these ice cream truffles stored inside of an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Alternatively, you can keep them frozen for up to 6 months.
Keto Ice Cream Truffle Flavor Alternatives
If making peanut butter ice cream truffles isn’t exactly your cup of tea, you can easily modify this recipe a bit by removing the peanut butter and changing the flavor up. Try some of these classic ice cream truffle flavors instead:
- Use cocoa powder to make chocolate ice cream truffles.
- Use fresh or frozen strawberries to make strawberry ice cream truffles.
- Use mashed bananas and coconut cream to make banana coconut cream ice cream truffles.
P.S. For a low carb dessert that’s fruity, sour and chewy, try these sour blueberry gummy bears: https://ketopots.com/keto-gummy-bears
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Truffles
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
For the ice cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 4 tbsp granulated Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of xanthan gum
For the chocolate glaze:
- 6 oz sugar free dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- To make the ice cream, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze until solid.
- Scoop the ice cream to balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Return to freezer for minimum one hour.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave or in the top of a double boiler
- Stir to combine.
- Dip the ice cream balls, one at a time, into the melted chocolate.
- Remove with a fork, letting the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Freeze for 30 minutes then serve.
Keywords: ice cream, peanut butter, truffles