Who would have ever thought that it would be possible to enjoy a healthy snack consisting of homemade keto hot Cheetos? That’s exactly what you’re getting with this incredible keto snack recipe, so be sure to make heaps to share because these will go quick!
How to Make Homemade Keto Hot Cheetos
Here’s exactly how you can make this delectable low carb treat from scratch:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the baking sheets. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cheese powder mixture. Add the Cheddar cheese powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Prepare the egg mixture. Add 4 egg whites to a large bowl and then add the cream of tartar.
- Beat. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until foamy. You can then continue beating on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Prepare the cheetos. Transfer the whipped egg whites to a piping bag and then pipe them into 1-1 ½ inch lengths onto the cheese powder mixture. Roll to coat.
- Bake. Transfer the cheetos to the prepared baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes (or until the cheetos are firm to the touch).
Are These Keto Hot Cheetos Healthy?
Unlike those other types of Cheetos, this keto approved version actually provides you with some pretty impressive health benefits. Here are a couple of them:
- Relieves inflammation. Several of the ingredients used in this recipe are known for their anti-inflammatory properties (paprika, cayenne, onion and garlic powder). Since chronic inflammation has been directly linked with numerous types of disease, it’s absolutely essential to include plenty of anti-inflammatory foods in your diet. (1)
- Garlic + Onion = Winning Combo. Using the combination of both garlic powder and onion powder gives you a double whammy of great health benefits. Both of these ingredients are known for their anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties. One study that explored the benefits of both onion and garlic actually went so far as to say that eating both foods could be considered a matter of ‘life or death’! (2)
Best Way to Store Keto Hot Cheetos
The very best way to store these keto hot Cheetos is to simply keep them sealed up tight inside of an airtight container. I would also recommend keeping them stored in a dark pantry instead of in the fridge.
Also, keep in mind that you’re going to want to make sure to allow your Cheetos to cool off completely before storing them like this. Failure to do so may result in them going bad overnight.
(You may also like: Cheesy Keto Crackers)
Homemade Keto Hot Cheetos (High Protein, Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ½ oz Cheddar cheese powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line two large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the Cheddar cheese powder, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl.
- Add the cream of tartar and beat on medium speed until foamy.
- Continue beating on high spread until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Transfer the whipped egg whites to a piping bag.
- Pipe the egg whites into 1- 1 ½ inch lengths onto your cheese powder mixture.
- Roll to coat.
- Transfer the Cheetos on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes or until firm to the touch.