If you enjoy keto egg recipes, then you’re going to absolutely love this recipe for making a crave-worthy keto hollandaise sauce. With nothing but a blender and a few simple keto approved ingredients, you’ll be able to make this quick and easy hollandaise sauce completely from scratch. Brunch, anyone?
How to Make Keto Hollandaise Sauce
This is exactly how easy it is to make your very own keto approved hollandaise sauce with only 6 simple ingredients:
- Prep your ingredients. Add the egg yolks, cayenne pepper, and black pepper to a high power blender.
- Melt the butter. Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the butter. With your blender running, gradually add the melted butter in a steady stream to the egg yolks.
- Add the lemon juice. Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and blend until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Season. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Why Did My Keto Hollandaise Sauce Break?
There are a few common reasons why your hollandaise sauce may separate as you’re making it. Here are a couple of the most common culprits:
- Keep an eye on the egg yolks. As hollandaise sauce can be prepared by boiling the mixture, it’s possible to accidentally end up overcooking the egg yolks, which can cause them to break apart. Thankfully, this first tip is actually less relevant for this particular keto recipe because you’ll be working with hot, melted butter to heat up your egg yolks before emulsifying them.
- Try adding mustard. Another useful tip that can help to keep your sauce from separating is to add a single teaspoon of Dijon mustard in with the egg yolks. Dijon mustard can help to stabilize the sauce and prevent it from breaking.
What Goes Well With Hollandaise Sauce?
Wondering what to serve with your keto hollandaise sauce? Here are some of my personal favorite low carb recipes to pair with this yummy homemade sauce:
- Bacon-Wrapped Salmon Bites (Replace the homemade honey mustard dipping sauce with your hollandaise sauce)
- Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Garlic Roasted Keto Asparagus
How to Store Keto Hollandaise Sauce
The best way to store your keto hollandaise sauce is to transfer it into either an airtight container or a jar. You’ll then want to keep it stored in the fridge.
How Long Will This Keto Hollandaise Sauce Keep?
Hollandaise sauce is typically enjoyed while it’s quite fresh as it isn’t known for having the longest shelf life. This particular hollandaise sauce recipe should keep for up to 2-3 days as long as it’s properly stored in the fridge.
(Also try: Keto Yum Yum Sauce)
Keto Hollandaise Sauce (Quick and Easy)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1/2 cups 1x
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- pinch of ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Add the egg yolks, cayenne pepper and black pepper to a high powder blender.
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- With the blender running, gradually add the hot butter in a steady stream to the egg yolks.
- Add the lemon juice and blend until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve immediately.