If you enjoy a good old fashioned stir fry meal, then you have to try this recipe for making a low carb ground beef broccoli keto stir fry. It’s ridiculously easy to make and provides you with absolutely everything that your body needs nutrition-wise, including plenty of protein, quality fats, and essential vitamins and minerals.
How to Make a Ground Beef Broccoli Keto Stir Fry
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to make this delicious beef and broccoli stir fry from scratch:
- Prepare the soy sauce mixture. Add the soy sauce, crushed garlic cloves, freshly grated ginger, a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia, sesame oil, and red chili flakes to a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the wok. Add your choice of either avocado oil or grapeseed oil to a wok and heat over high heat.
- Cook the beef. Add the ground beef and stir-fry until done.
- Add the soy sauce mixture. Add the soy sauce mixture and continue to stir fry for an additional 2-3 minutes (or until the sauce has thickened to your liking).
- Add the broccoli. Add the broccoli florets and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and season with black pepper and salt.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
3 Of Our Top Tips for Making the Best Keto Stir Frys
Keep the following tips in mind the next time that you’re making your own stir fry; they’ve all helped me take my stir fry game to the next level:
- Prep work first. I usually like to prep all of my ingredients before I even turn on the wok. In the case of this particular recipe, it’s always worth it to take a few moments to grate the ginger, crush the garlic, and prepare the broccoli florets.
- Use the right tools. If you want to make a truly good stir fry, you’re going to want to stick with the tried and true cooking methods – either a wok or a cast-iron pan.
- Stir often. It’s all in the name when making a stir fry; you’ll want to make sure that you’re constantly stirring the ingredients as they fry.
Can I Make This Keto Stir Fry Ahead?
This beef and broccoli stir fry recipe is a great option for a make ahead meal because it reheats quite well.
After cooking the stir fry, allow it to cool off completely and then transfer it into an airtight container. You’ll be able to keep it stored in the fridge for up to 4 days until you’re ready to reheat it.
(You may also like: Keto Mongolian Beef Stir Fry)
Low Carb Ground Beef Broccoli Keto Stir Fry (Easy Stovetop Meal)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp avocado or grapeseed oil
- salt and black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh grated
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated Stevia or other low carb sweetener
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sweetener, sesame oil and red chili flakes.
- Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the ground beef and stir-fry until done.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and continue to stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the broccoli and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.