Keto Ginger Snap Cookies
You can’t go wrong with these crunchy keto ginger snap cookies, especially since they’re made with all the best ingredients that just taste incredible. These cookies are great to just have on your kitchen counter as a light snack or mini dessert with some keto ice cream perhaps–yum!
How to Make Keto Ginger Snap Cookies
Just follow these simple directions and you’ll be making your own homemade crunchy keto ginger snap cookies like a pro in no time at all:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the baking sheets. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and then set them aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and baking powder to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Beat. Add the egg, a low carb granulated sweetener like Stevia, and the softened butter to a separate bowl and beat to combine.
- Add the almond flour mixture. Add the almond flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Prepare for baking. Use a tablespoon to scoop balls of the dough onto your prepared baking sheet; you should be able to make 28 ginger snap cookies.
- Bake. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Serve. Serve the cookies once they have finished cooling off.
2 Quick Keto Baking Tips
There’s nothing that I love more than spending an afternoon in the kitchen baking up some yummy keto treats. With that being said, here are a couple of my top keto specific baking tips; they’ll be particularly useful if you’re making this ginger snap cookie recipe for the very first time.
- Use almond flour to add a hint of nutty flavor to your recipes. Not only is almond flour a fantastic low carb substitute to the traditionally used refined all-purpose flour, but it’s also great for adding a delicious hint of nutty flavor to your cookies, cakes, and more. And the best part? It also just so happens to be an amazing source of heart healthy dietary fats as well.
- Spice it up. I always make sure that I keep a variety of savory spices stocked up in my kitchen; for both keto baked goods and a variety of other tasty low carb recipes. This cookie recipe makes excellent use of ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg to make low carb cookies that offer up a delightfully authentic ginger snap taste.
How to Store Ginger Snap Cookies
The best way to store your keto ginger snap cookies is to keep them sealed up tightly inside of an airtight container. You don’t need to keep them in the fridge; they’ll be better off if stored at room temperature.
These ginger snap cookies will keep for up to 7 days as long as they’re properly stored. Alternatively, you can freeze them for up to one month; just make sure that you allow them to cool completely before transferring them into your freezer.
(Also try: 5-Ingredient Almond Cookies)
Keto Ginger Snap Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 28 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated Stevia or other low carb granulated sweetener
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Add the egg, sweetener and butter to another bowl and beat to combine.
- Add the almond flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Use tablespoon to scoop balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe