Chewy Keto Garlic Breadsticks – Addictive, Healthy and Low Carb
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
For the breadsticks:
- 1 ½ cups part skim low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 large eggs
- salt to taste
For the egg wash:
For the garlic topping:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- To make the breadsticks, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until melted.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, eggs, mozzarella mixture and salt to taste to a food processor and process until well combined.
- Place the dough on top of lightly oiled cling film and form into a log shape.
- Refrigerate for minimum 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into 1 inch thick stick.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-16 minutes or until golden.
- To make the topping, add the olive oil, butter and garlic to a small saucepan and cook over medium low heat until butter is melted and garlic is lightly browned.
- Remove from the heat.
- Brush the breadsticks with the topping, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to the oven.
- Cook for 2-3 minute.
- Serve plain or with your favorite low carb sauce.