One of the best meals you’ll ever have while on the keto diet is this recipe for making boneless keto fried pork chops. It’s all about the proper cook to keep the meat moist and tender, and this recipe will show you exactly how to do that and an irresistibly good homemade low carb gravy to go with it as well.
How to Make Keto Fried Pork Chops
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know in order to fry your boneless pork chops, keto style:
- Season. Season the pork chops with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Prepare the frying pan. Add your choice of either avocado oil or grapeseed oil to a large cast iron pan and heat over medium heat.
- Fry. Add the pork chops and fry each of them for 3 minutes per side.
- Set aside. Remove the pork chops from the pan and set aside for the moment.
- Prepare the homemade gravy. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, cream cheese, and garlic powder to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the pork chops. Return the pork chops to the pan.
- Simmer. Simmer over medium heat or until the gravy has thickened to your liking.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
3 Of Our Tips for Cooking Pork Chops
Here are a few of our top tips for cooking your pork chops keto style:
- Hit the right temperature. When cooking pork chops (whether boneless or bone-in), you should be aiming to cook them to an internal temperature of 145℉. This rule of thumb applies whether you’re grilling, frying, roasting, or broiling your pork chops.
- Let the pork chops sit at room temperature. I usually like to leave my pork chops on the kitchen counter to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before I cook them. Letting the pork to warm up a bit like this prior to cooking ends up producing meat that has a nice crust on the outside, while still offering up a tender, juicy interior.
- Be wary of overcooking. As pork chops are leaner cuts of meat with a relatively low amount of fat, they can be rather easy to overcook. If you’re just getting used to cooking with pork chops, it’s not a bad idea to keep a close eye on them while cooking in order to prevent any potential accidental overcooking.
Can I Freeze Keto Fried Pork Chops?
These keto fried pork chops (and the homemade gravy that they’re smothered in) are a fantastic freezer-friendly meal. You’ll even be able to freeze the meat and gravy together with this recipe; no separation required!
Before freezing, you’ll first want to make sure that you allow both the pork chops and gravy to cool off completely. You can then transfer both items into a freezer-safe airtight container to store in the freezer.
Both the pork chops and homemade gravy will keep for up to 2-3 months when frozen like this.
Keto Fried Pork Chops Smothered with Homemade Gravy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4″ thick)
- 2 tbsp avocado or grapeseed oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Season the pork chops with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add the pork chops and fry 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan.
- Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, cream cheese and garlic power.
- Stir to combine.
- Return the pork chops into the pan.
- Simmer over medium heat until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.