Focaccia has always been one of my favorite breads to make and eat. Today i’m going to be showing you how to make one of my absolute favorite low carb focaccia recipes, an unreal rosemary and garlic keto focaccia bread.
How to Make Low Carb Keto Focaccia Bread
- Activate the yeast. Activating the yeast is actually really easy. Add the active dry yeast, honey, and lukewarm water to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Wait. Cover the yeast mixture with a kitchen towel and allow it to rise in a warm place for 7-10 minutes. The mixture should turn out bubbly by the end of it.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, garlic powder, and xanthan gum and mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients. Add the eggs, apple cider vinegar, and yeast mixture and beat to combine.
- Prepare the dough for baking. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and then transfer the dough to the pan. Wet your hands and then spread the dough into a ¼ inch thick triangle.
- Drizzle. Drizzle with olive oil. Top with Kalamata olives and rosemary springs. Be as generous with the toppings as you’d like.
- Allow the dough to rise. Cover the pan with a kitchen towel and leave it to sit somewhere warm until the dough rises enough to double in size.
- Preheat the oven. While the dough is proofing, preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Bake. Bake the bread for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool. Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Serve. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Will This Keto Focaccia Bread Toast Well?
This recipe makes one delightfully chewy and fluffy focaccia bread. However, if you want your focaccia to turn out slightly crispier, you can absolutely toast it as well.
If you do plan on toasting your focaccia, I would definitely recommend giving them a slow toast in the oven over using a toaster. Just toss the focaccia in the oven at 350℉ for about 5-10 minutes. This is long enough for it to crisp up on the outside while retaining a bit of chewiness on the inside.
Can I Freeze This Keto Focaccia Bread
You can definitely freeze any leftover focaccia bread that you have on hand. It’s a great make ahead meal as well.
You’ll want to tightly wrap the bread in plastic wrap before then wrapping it in foil. You’ll be able to store the bread in the freezer for up to 1-2 months like this.
On the other hand, if you would rather keep it in the fridge instead, it will keep for 4-5 days when wrapped with plastic wrap and foil.
How to Reheat This Keto Focaccia Bread
The best way to reheat your focaccia bread is to first allow it to thaw out at room temperature for about 30 minutes (if heating from frozen).
You can then toss it in the oven at 350℉ until the bread is heated through.
(You may also like: Garlic Butter Keto Skillet Bread)
Rosemary and Garlic Keto Focaccia Bread (This is so good!)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp honey, to feed the yeast
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- rosemary springs
- 12 Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl combine the active dry yeast, honey and water.
- Cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for 7-10 minutes.
- The mixture should be bubbly.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, garlic powder and xanthan gum.
- Add the eggs, apple cider vinegar and yest mixture.
- Beat to combine.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan.
- Spread with your wet hands into a 1/4-inch-thick rectangle.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with rosemary springs and Kalamata olives.
- Cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place until the dough has almost doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F while the dough is proofing.
- Bake the rolls in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.