Fathead pizza dough is the best pizza dough that’s low carb AND keto-friendly. It’s made with a gluten-free flour alternative, egg, and cream cheese. It was first made popular on the Fathead movie and has stuck around ever since!
What Is Fathead Pizza Dough?
Fathead pizza dough has quickly become a staple among keto dieters because of how simple and easy it is to make, not to mention the finished product comes very close to the texture of real pizza.
Is Fathead Pizza Keto-friendly?
Absolutely! Fathead pizza dough only incorporates keto-friendly ingredients, so even though the texture is very close to real pizza, it’s well within keto guidelines.
You’ll be surprised how a low carb, high fat recipe can be just as good as it’s carb-heavy counterpart.
How to Make the Best Low Carb Fathead Keto Pizza Crust
You’re going to be surprised at how easy it is to make your own keto-friendly pizza crust at home. To start:
- Combine the cream cheese and mozzarella in a bowl. Microwave on high, stirring every 30 minutes until both are melted and completely smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix in the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, egg and salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. This will make the dough easier to roll.
- Roll out the dough. Do this with a rolling pin and by placing the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Bake. Transfer the ¼ inch thick dough to your baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. At this point, your crust is already pre-cooked and ready for some toppings.
Best Fathead Pizza Topping Combinations
With the Fathead pizza dough as your base, there’s no limit to your choice of pizza topping combinations. These are just a few to start with:
- classic pepperoni
- all veggie – olives, bell peppers, mushrooms, onion
- all meat – italian sausage, pepperoni, ham, salami
- four cheese – blue cheese, mozzarella, fontina, parmigiano
- margherita – cheese, sliced tomato, basil leaves
Can You Freeze Fathead Pizza Dough?
Yes, you can freeze Fathead pizza dough. I’ve done this plenty of times before with great results. I highly recommend wrapping each pizza dough in freezer-safe plastic before freezing.
Stack the individually wrapped pizza dough discs on top of each other, making sure that they’re flat and evenly placed. Once you’re ready to cook, take them out to thaw before putting your toppings.
Best Sauces for Fathead Pizza
5-Minute Homemade Keto Pizza Sauce – I’m absolutely obsessed with this flavorful pizza sauce because it goes with absolutely everything.
Low Carb Keto BBQ Sauce – For a unique take on the traditional pizza, try replacing regular tomato-based pizza sauce with this deliciously smokey BBQ sauce instead.
Creamy Keto Alfredo Sauce – Alfredo sauce on pizza happens to be one of my favorites ever thanks to the creamy rich texture of this recipe.
More Good Keto Pizza Recipes
- Keto New York Pizza Crust
- Keto Thin Crust Pizza
- Keto Chicken Pizza Crust
- Keto Pizza Casserole
- Keto Alfredo Pizza
- White Keto Pizza Sauce
- Keto Pizza Sauce
Fathead Mozzarella Keto Pizza Dough Recipe (Low Carb)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high.
- Stir every 30 seconds until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, egg and salt to taste and mix to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough until easy to roll out.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to 1/4″ thick.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough with parchment to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add desired toppings.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes.