Keto Cream of Chicken Soup
Low carb soup lovers: you need to check out this recipe for making a creamy and hearty keto cream of chicken soup. It provides that classic creamy taste that you know and love in a 100% keto approved package that is simply to die for.
How to Make Keto Cream of Chicken Soup
It’s super quick and easy to prepare this cream of chicken soup from scratch; it just takes a few minutes of prep work and then a bit of patience as the delicious smell of cooked soup fills your kitchen.
- Melt the butter. Add the butter to a large pot and melt over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and celery. Add the diced onion and diced celery and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Add the chicken breasts and chicken stock.
- Simmer. Cover the mixture with a lid and allow it to simmer for 40-50 minutes.
- Shred the chicken. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it with 2 forks.
- Add the cream. Lower the heat to low and then add in the heavy cream. Bring to a simmer once again.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle the xanthan gum over top of the soup.
- Whisk. Whisk for 3-5 minutes or until the soup has thickened.
- Add the chicken. Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish. Remove the soup from the heat and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Serve. Serve warm.
What to Serve with Your Keto Soup
Here are just a few of my favorite dishes to serve alongside this, or any, keto soup:
- 90 Second Keto Bread That Doesn’t Suck
- Easy Cheesy Keto Crackers
- Keto Broccoli Salad with Homemade Bacon Bits
- Mozzarella Shell Avocado Keto Tacos with Spicy Green Garlic Sauce
- Crispy (And Spicy) Keto Baked Tofu
Can I Make Keto Cream of Chicken Soup Ahead?
This keto soup recipe is a great candidate for a make ahead meal.
As a matter of fact, I love meal prepping this keto chicken soup in bulk to leave in the fridge so that I have several bowls of delicious and nourishing soup on hand for several days in a row.
You can either transfer the soup into airtight containers or simply into microwave-safe bowls before then storing them in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
When you’re ready to reheat the soup, you can either microwave it for 30-second intervals until it’s heated through or simply warm it up in a pot over the oven again.
(Also try: Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup)
Keto Cream of Chicken Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
FREE KETO RECIPES + 5-INGREDIENT KETO COOKBOOKMake sure to sign up for free to get instant access to the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook, which includes my favorite 20+ keto recipes of all-time, all under 5 ingredients.
View All the 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook Recipes
- 1 oz butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add the onion and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stock.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred with 2 forks.
- Lower the heat to low.
- Add the heavy cream to the pot and bring to simmer.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the soup and whisk for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe